Parents and Their Children / Edition 1by Verdene Ryder, Celia Anita Decker
Pub. Date: 11/28/2005
Publisher: Goodheart-Willcox Publisher
Visually appealing and interesting for students to read. Special features include/i>
Parents and Their Children has a fresh look that will catch your students’ attention! The content has been thoroughly revised to reflect fast-paced changes in today’s world. Use this text to help your students learn what the role of parenting demands and what it has to offer.
Visually appealing and interesting for students to read. Special features include charts, graphs, tables, critical thinking challenges, and numerous activities to engage the learner in the learning process.
- New content on family-oriented careers; choosing a career; career plans; teamwork, communication, and employability skills.
- New chapter on decisions facing parents-to-be that includes choices about childbirth preparation, delivery, baby supplies, and child care.
- Increased content on conception, pregnancy, prenatal development and care, but content on birth control has been deleted.
- Goodheart-Willcox Publisher
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 8.80(w) x 11.10(h) x 1.00(d)
Table of Contents
- Parenting as a Career
- Parenting: A Choice
- Effective Parenting
- Planning a Family
- Prenatal Care
- Decisions Facing Parents-to-Be
- New Parents, New Baby
- Parents and Their Infants
- Parents and Their Toddlers
- Parents and Their Preschoolers
- Parents and Their School-Age Children
- Parents and Their Teens
- Theories and Guidelines
- Guiding Healthy Development
- Family Concerns
- Family Crises
- A Look at Child Care Options
- Children’s Education and Health
- The Challenge of a Child and Family Services Career
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >