- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Written by a multidisciplinary panel of experts, this comprehensive text and reference presents a fundamental understanding of all aspects of parish nursing. Divided into three units - Development, Education, and Administration - it provides in-depth information essential to understanding the ministry of a parish nursing practice, addresses the core interventions used by parish nurses, and applies recent research findings to their roles and functions. The integration of spirituality and health is described and core interventions used by parish nurses are addressed in the context of the standardized languages of NANDA, NIC, and NOC. This is the only text in Parish Nursing that addresses the role of the parish nurse administrator and includes suggested policies and procedures as well as recommendations for competency development for parish nurses.
• Editors are pioneers and experts in parish nursing, resulting in cutting-edge knowledge balanced with historical perspective.
• Provides information on how to develop and administer a parish nursing program, focusing on the responsibilities of a parish nursing coordinator at the congregational level.
• Discusses the educational preparation necessary for parish nurses.
• Presents the role development and core functions of parish nurses.
• The latest information and research on parish nursing and pastoral care.
• Integration of religion, spirituality, and health that transcends the boundaries of specific denominations.
• Addresses core interventions used by parish nurses in the context of the standardized languages of NANDA, NIC, and NOC.
Unit 1. Development of the Ministry of Parish Nursing Practice
1. A Personal Historical Perspective of Whole Person Health and the Congregation
2. A Historical Perspective of Parish Nursing: Rules for the Sisters of the Parishes
3. Uncovering the Intricacies of the Ministry of Parish Nursing Practice through Research
4. Spiritual Formation for the Ministry of Parish Nursing Practice
5. Nurturing the Self
6. Parish Nursing: A Collaborative Ministry
7. The Public-Private Partnership: Expansion of the Ministry
8. The Growing Accountability in the Ministry of Parish Nursing Practice
9. Challenges to the Ministry of Parish Nursing Practice
Unit 2. Educational Preparation for the Ministry of Parish Nursing Practice
10. You Teach Who You Are: A Lesson Plan for the Parish Nurse Educator
11. Parish Nurse Curricula
12. Developing Dual Competencies: A Personal Perspective
13. Competencies in Parish Nursing Practice
14. Learning to Pray
15. Mentoring the Parish Nurse
16. Encouraging the Heart of Parish Nurse Ministry: The Sabbatical Renewal Leave
17. Distance Delivery of Parish Nurse Education
18. Challenges to Parish Nurse Education
Unit 3. Administration of the Ministry of Parish Nursing Practice
19. Administration of Parish Nursing: Describing the Roles
20. Quality of the Ministry of Parish Nursing Practice in an Outcomes Environment
21. Parish Nurse Coordinator: Working with Congregations and Clergy in Fostering the Ministry of Parish Nursing Practice
22. Policies and Procedures for the Ministry of Parish Nursing Practice
23. Building a Parish Nurse Network: A Case Study
24. Working with Underserved Congregations: A Case Study
25. Grant Writing for Parish Nurses and Parish Nurse Coordinators
26. The Waterwheel Model of Spiritual Leadership
27. Challenges to the Administration of the Ministry of Parish Nursing Practice
Postscript: A Future Vision for the Ministry of Parish Nursing Practice