Partial Differential Equations and Boundary Value Problems / Edition 1by Nakhle H. Asmar
Pub. Date: 08/17/1999
Publisher: Prentice Hall Professional Technical Reference
Packed with examples, this book provides a smooth transition from elementary ordinary differential equations to more advanced concepts. Asmar's relaxed style and emphasis on applications make the material understandable even for readers with limited exposure to topics beyond calculus. Encourages the use of computer resources for illustrating results and applications, but is also suitable for use without computer access. Includes additional specialized topics that can be read as desired, and that can be read independently of each other. Denotes exercises requiring use of a computer with computer icons, asking readers to investigate problems using computer-generated graphics and to generate numerical data that cannot be computed by hand. Offers Mathematica files for download from the author's Web site; can be accessed through the Prentice Hall address ...
- Prentice Hall Professional Technical Reference
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 8.28(w) x 9.54(h) x 1.04(d)
Table of Contents1. A Preview of Applications and Techniques.
2. Fourier Series.
Supplement on Convergence.
3. Partial Differential Equations in Rectangular Coordinates.
4. Partial Differential Equations in Polar and Cylindrical Coordinates.
Supplement on Bessel Functions.
5. Partial Differential Equations in Spherical Coordinates.
Supplement on Legendre Functions.
6. Sturm-Liouville Theory with Engineering Applications.
7. The Fourier Transform and its Applications.
8. The Laplace and Hankel Transforms with Applications.
9. Finite Difference Numerical Methods.
10. Sampling and Discrete Fourier Analysis with Applications to Partial Differential Equations.
11. An Introduction to Quantum Mechanics.
Supplement on Orthogonal Polynomials.
Appendix A: Ordinary Differential Equations: Review of Concepts and Methods.
Appendix B: Tables of Transforms.
Answers to Selected Exercises.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >