Pathology for the Health Professions / Edition 4by Ivan Damjanov
Providing a sound foundation of pathology knowledge, Pathology for the Health Professions, 4th Edition gives you a clear, concise, clinically relevant overview of general pathology, including injury, inflammation, and neoplasia, followed by a detailed review of each organ system. A DEPPiCT approach presents each major disease in the same format that includes/b>… See more details below
Providing a sound foundation of pathology knowledge, Pathology for the Health Professions, 4th Edition gives you a clear, concise, clinically relevant overview of general pathology, including injury, inflammation, and neoplasia, followed by a detailed review of each organ system. A DEPPiCT approach presents each major disease in the same format that includes, when feasible, a description of Disease, Etiology, Pathogenesis, Pathology, Clinical features, and Therapy or prognosis.
• A clear, non-technical writing style makes complex concepts more engaging and easier to understand.
• UNIQUE! DEPPiCT approach helps you study more efficiently by presenting each major disease in format that includes a Disease description, Etiology, Pathogenesis, Pathology, Clinical features, and a short discussion on Therapy or prognosis.
• More than 500 full-color images reinforce your understanding of disease conditions and general pathology principles.
• Learning objectives and review questions help you identify the most important concepts and assess your understanding of essential principles.
• Key terms are listed in each chapter and in a comprehensive glossary to help you easily access definitions of terms.
• Study tools on a companion Evolve website help you review key anatomy and physiology and provide answers to review questions in the text.
• Updated content details 16 hot new topics, including:
• Job's syndrome
• Pneumonia-causing fungus
• Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia (CLL)
• Rotavirus and Norovirus
• Venereal Disease Research Laboratory (VDRL)
• HPV vaccination
• Babies born infected with chlamydial infections
• Proliferative breast disease with atypia
• Phyllodes tumor
• Ankylosing spondylitis
• Osteoporosis and Bone Mineral Density (BMD) testing
• Mechanical injuries of muscles
• Non-infiltrating astrocytomas
• More than 50 new clinical photographs and illustrations clarify complex pathology concepts.
• UNIQUE! 18 additional Did You Know boxes throughout the text reflect current health care concerns and help you apply content in the book to everyday practice.
• 76 new key terms and definitions familiarize you with important words you'll encounter on the job.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- New Edition
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 8.40(w) x 10.80(h) x 0.80(d)
Table of Contents
1. Cell Pathology
5. Genetic and Developmental Disorders
6. Fluid and Hemodynamic Disorders
7. The Cardiovascular System
8. The Respiratory System
9. The Hematopoietic and Lymphoid Systems
10. The Gastrointestinal System
11. The Liver and Biliary System
12. The Pancreas
13. The Urinary Tract
14. The Male Reproductive System
15. The Female Reproductive System
16. The Breast
17. The Endocrine System
18. The Skin
19. The Endocrine System
20. Muscles and Peripheral Nerves
21. The Nervous System
22. The Eye
23. The Ear
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >