Pathophysiology: The Biologic Basis for Disease in Adults and Children / Edition 6by Kathryn L. McCance, Sue E. Huether, Valentina L. Brashers, Neal S. Rote
With easy-to-read, in-depth descriptions of disease, disease etiology, and disease processes, Pathophysiology: The Biologic Basis for Disease in Adults and Children, 7th Edition helps you understand the most important and the most complex pathophysiology concepts. More than 1,200 full-color illustrations and photographs make it easier to/b>/b>/b>… See more details below
With easy-to-read, in-depth descriptions of disease, disease etiology, and disease processes, Pathophysiology: The Biologic Basis for Disease in Adults and Children, 7th Edition helps you understand the most important and the most complex pathophysiology concepts. More than 1,200 full-color illustrations and photographs make it easier to identify normal anatomy and physiology, as well as alterations of function. This edition includes a NEW Epigenetics and Disease chapter along with additional What’s New boxes highlighting the latest advances in pathophysiology. Written by well-known educators Kathryn McCance and Sue Huether, and joined by a team of expert contributors, this resource is the most comprehensive and authoritative pathophysiology text available!
- Over 1,200 full-color illustrations and photographs depict the clinical manifestations of disease and disease processes - more than in any other pathophysiology text.
- A fully updated glossary includes 1,000 terms, and makes lookup easier by grouping together similar topics and terms.
- Outstanding authors Kathryn McCance and Sue Huether have extensive backgrounds as researchers and instructors, and utilize expert contributors, consultants, and reviewers in developing this edition.
- Chapter summary reviews provide concise synopses of the main points of each chapter.
- Consistent presentation of diseases includes pathophysiology, clinical manifestations, and evaluation and treatment.
- Lifespan content includes ten separate pediatric chapters and special sections with aging and pediatrics content.
- Algorithms and flowcharts of diseases and disorders make it easy to follow the sequential progression of disease processes.
- Nutrition and Disease boxes explain the link between concepts of health promotion and disease.
- EXTENSIVELY Updated content reflects advances in pathophysiology including tumor biology invasion and metastases, the epidemiology of cancer, diabetes mellitus, insulin resistance, thyroid and adrenal gland disorders, female reproductive disorders including benign breast diseases and breast cancer, and a separate chapter on male reproductive disorders and cancer.
- NEW! Chapter on epigenetics and disease.
- Additional What’s New boxes highlight the most current research and clinical development.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 8.90(w) x 11.00(h) x 2.40(d)
Table of Contents
|2||Altered cellular and tissue biology||45|
|3||The cellular environment : fluids and electrolytes, acids and bases||93|
|4||Genes and genetic diseases||123|
|5||Genes, environment - life-style, and common diseases||157|
|6||Innate immunity : inflammation||175|
|8||Alterations in immunity and inflammation||249|
|10||Stress and disease||311|
|11||Biology of cancer||333|
|12||Tumor invasion and metastasis||375|
|13||Cancer in children||403|
|14||Structure and function of the neurologic system||411|
|15||Pain, temperature regulation, sleep, and sensory function||447|
|16||Concepts of neurologic dysfunction||491|
|17||Alterations of neurologic function||547|
|18||Neurobiology of schizophrenia, mood disorders, and anxiety disorders||605|
|19||Alterations of neurologic function in children||623|
|20||Mechanisms of hormonal regulation||655|
|21||Alterations of hormonal regulation||683|
|22||Structure and function of the reproductive systems||735|
|23||Alterations of the reproductive systems||771|
|24||Sexually transmitted infections||863|
|25||Structure and function of the hematologic system||893|
|26||Alterations of erythrocyte function||927|
|27||Alterations of leukocyte, lymphoid, and hemostatic function||955|
|28||Alterations of hematologic function in children||999|
|29||Structure and function of the cardiovascular and lymphatic systems||1029|
|30||Alterations of cardiovascular function||1081|
|31||Alterations of cardiovascular function in children||1147|
|32||Structure and function of the pulmonary system||1181|
|33||Alterations of pulmonary function||1205|
|34||Alterations of pulmonary function in children||1249|
|35||Structure and function of the renal and urologic systems||1279|
|36||Alterations of renal and urinary tract function||1301|
|37||Alterations of renal and urinary tract function in children||1337|
|38||Structure and function of the digestive system||1353|
|39||Alterations of digestive function||1385|
|40||Alterations of digestive function in children||1447|
|41||Structure and function of the musculoskeletal system||1471|
|42||Alterations of musculoskeletal function||1497|
|43||Alterations of musculoskeletal function in children||1547|
|44||Structure, function, and disorders of the integument||1573|
|45||Alterations of the integument in children||1609|
|46||Shock, multiple organ dysfunction syndrome, and burns in adults||1625|
|47||Shock, multiple organ dysfunction syndrome, and burns in children||1655|
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >