2009 Hardcover New Minor Shelf Wear; Unless stated otherwise herein the notes, complementary books or items are not present; $20.00 minimum excluding shipping for orders to ...Puerto Rico & Hawaii; standard shipping is by USPS Media Mail & Expedited shipping is by USPS Priority Mail or equivalent;Read moreShow Less
A clear, comprehensive introduction to disease, Pathophysiology, 5th Edition explores the etiology, pathogenesis, clinical manifestations, and treatment of disorders. Units are organized by body system, and each begins with an illustrated review of anatomy and normal physiology. A discussion then follows on the disease processes and abnormalities that may occur, with a focus on the pathophysiologic concepts involved. Written by leading educators Lee-Ellen Copstead and Jacquelyn Banasik, Pathophysiology simplifies a rigorous subject with practical learning resources and includes coverage of the latest scientific findings and relevant research
• 900 full-color illustrations clarify complex pathophysiological concepts.
• Easy-to-read style includes many tables, boxes, and figures to highlight and simplify content.
• Key Questions at the beginning of each chapter highlight key objectives and help you develop and use critical thinking skills.
• Key Points boxes focus on the most important information.
• Geriatric Considerations boxes analyze the age-related changes associated with a specific body system.
• A chapter summary gives you a quick wrap-up of the key content in each chapter.
• NEW! Pediatric Considerations boxes with accompanying flow charts describe conditions and changes specific to young children.
• NEW! Updated content includes the latest information on new treatment advances, the relationship between stress and inflammation to cardiovascular disease, and much more throughout the text.
• NEW! Global Health Considerations tables include information on HIV/AIDS and depression/anxiety in women.
"With the easy to follow text and the vibrant presentation this pathophysiology text book is sure to inspire some. Add to this the online resources and the CD-ROM, such adjuncts may be the very thing that clinches the deal and parts you with your cash." Journal of Orthopaedic Nursing