Pathophysiology Online for Pathophysiology (User Guide and Access Code): The Biologic Basis for Disease in Adults & Children / Edition 5by Kathryn L. McCance, Sue E. Huether, Valentina L. Brashers
Pathophysiology Online is a collection of interactive online course lessons and interactive activities developed by learning experts to boost students' understanding of the most important and challenging concepts in pathophysiology. It enhances material in McCance's Pathophysiology: The Biologic Basis of Disease in Adults and Children, 5th Edition with online… See more details below
Pathophysiology Online is a collection of interactive online course lessons and interactive activities developed by learning experts to boost students' understanding of the most important and challenging concepts in pathophysiology. It enhances material in McCance's Pathophysiology: The Biologic Basis of Disease in Adults and Children, 5th Edition with online activities, animations, case studies, algorithms, and more - designed to accommodate any learning style!
- Enhances and supplements the textbook with online activities showing processes and concepts using animation, sound, and more.
- Provides faculty with complete, professionally prepared, easy-to-use lessons ready for immediate use, saving valuable preparation time.
- Includes hundreds of engaging activities and exercises to challenge students to think critically about key aspects of pathophysiology while making learning entertaining.
- Includes over 80 specially created, narrated animations to help students visualize some of the most complex pathophysiologic processes.
- Incorporates over 850 high-quality figures to illustrate tough concepts and key clinical presentations of disease processes for all body systems.
- Features case studies throughout to encourage development of critical thinking skills and application of knowledge to real-world situations.
- Provides a pre-test for every major body system to help students test their knowledge of normal structure and function before alterations in function are introduced.
- Gives students immediate feedback on all activities and assessments throughout, reinforcing learning and encouraging subject mastery.
- Provides rationales for both correct and incorrect responses to help students not only know when an answer is correct or incorrect, but why.
- Provides a glossary to give students quick, easy access to definitions of new and unfamiliar terms.
- Provides carefully reviewed resources for core topics for further exploration, so students can focus on learning information, not searching for it.
- Includes a comprehensive exam for every module that can be used as a self-assessment tool to help students prepare for in-class exams or can be reserved by instructors as graded assessments.
- Supports diverse learning styles with activities and content that use both voice-overs, narrations, on-screen text, and visual cues.
- Provides faculty with a variety of communications tools such as real-time chat, a class calendar, course e-mail, bulletin and discussion boards, and an instructor syllabus.
- Includes structured discussion topics to help both novice and experienced instructors facilitate group learning within the structure of the online course.
- Includes online course management tools to help instructors track student progress and mastery within each module.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 7.80(w) x 10.82(h) x 0.06(d)
Table of Contents1. Altered Cellular and Tissue Biology
2. The Cellular Environment: Fluids and Electrolytes, Acids and Bases
3. Genes and Genetic Diseases
4. Innate Immunity
5. Adaptive Immunity
6. Alterations in Immunity and Inflammation
8. Biology of Cancer
9. Tumor Invasion and Metastasis
10. Disorders of Neurologic Function
11. Alterations of Hormonal Regulation
12. Alterations of the Reproductive System
13. Alterations of Erythrocyte Function
14. Alterations of Leukocyte, Lymphoid, and Hemostatic Function
15. Alterations of Cardiovascular Function
16. Alterations of Pulmonary Function
17. Alterations of Renal and Urinary Tract Function
18. Alterations of Digestive Function
19. Alterations of Musculoskeletal Function
20. Shock, Multiple Organ Dysfunction Syndrome, and Burns in Adults
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >