Ships same day or next business day! UPS expedited shipping available (Priority Mail for AK/HI/APO/PO Boxes). Used sticker & some writing and/or highlighting. Used books may not ...include working access code or dust jacketRead moreShow Less
Appearance of only slight previous use. Cover and binding show a little wear. All pages are undamaged with potentially only a few, small markings. Help save a tree. Buy all your ...used books from Green Earth Books. Read. Recycle and Reuse. Read moreShow Less
2008 Paperback Fair This is a used book. It may contain highlighting/underlining and/or the book may show heavier signs of wear. It may also be ex-library or without ...dustjacket. All orders are shipped the same or the next day.Read moreShow Less
2008 Paperback Good Books have varying amounts of wear and highlighting. Usually ships within 24 hours in quality packaging. Satisfaction guaranteed. This item may not include ...any CDs, Infotracs, Access cards or other supplementary material.Read moreShow Less
With clear, step-by-step instructions and more than 400 detailed full-color illustrations, Patient Care in Radiography, 8th Edition helps you develop the technical and interpersonal skills necessary to effectively care for radiography patients in the clinical environment. Current, comprehensive coverage aligned with ASRT curriculum guidelines helps you connect concepts to clinical applications and confidently master essential procedures and techniques for safety, transfer, positioning, infection control, assessment, and more.
• Integrated patient care tips and procedure descriptions help you ensure high-quality patient care as well as technical proficiency.
• Infection control content helps you prevent the spread of diseases.
• Special coverage familiarizes you with appropriate patient care for a wide range of imaging modalities.
• Procedure photo-essays walk you through essential techniques.
• Case studies help you build the critical thinking and problem-solving skills to address situations you may encounter on the job.
• Chapter outlines, objectives, key terms, summaries, review questions, and critical thinking activities highlight the most important chapter content and help you retain information more effectively.
• NEW! Updated content reflects the latest advances in:
• Patient comfort measures
• Patient care relative to patient age
• Assisting patients with dressing and undressing
• Assessment of extremities in casts
• Assessments of pediatric patients for evidence of potential child abuse
• Assessment of geriatric patients for evidence of potential elder abuse
• Descriptions and precautions for pediatric IV medication administration
• Information on pulmonary embolism
• Information on Jackson-Pratt and Penrose drains
• NEW! Full-color illustrations and photographs clarify techniques and clinical details.
• NEW! Safety boxes with warning icons alert you to common safety concerns you'll encounter in practice.
• NEW! Real-world scenarios throughout the text help you understand the practical application of chapter concepts.
• NEW! Simplified organization makes complex content more accessible and helps you study more efficiently.
The primary audience for this book will be undergraduate students on diagnostic radiography programmes. Academics will also find this book of interest as there are many useful resources available both within the text book and as online resources. The text is well written and clear. Crucial information is signposted...making it easy to find.
This is a welcome new edition of a respected book which could be included as a recommended text for undergraduate students.'
Radiography, June 2012
"This book seeks to address all aspects of patient care and (in just under 500 pages) largely succeeds, using a logical and thorough approach...The scope of the information is surprisingly wide, covering everything from the psychology of patients having special needs to the practicalities of setting up a sterile trolley...All-in-all, this is a well-trusted, fact packed, easy to access resource and, despite its American leaning, has a lot to offer UK radiography students."