Patriots: Brotherhood of the American Revolution (Portable Professor Series)by Joseph J. Ellis
PORTABLE PROFESSOR is a series of exciting and informative lectures recorded by some of today's most renowned university and college professors. Each course introduces listeners to fascinating, and sometimes startling, insights into the intellectual forces that shape our understanding of the world. Each package includes 14 riveting lectures presented by notable professors as well as a book-length course guide.
Perhaps the most politically explosive time in American history occurred during the nation's founding, when an extraordinary generation wrested control of the American colonies from England and gave birth to a new, democratic nation. In this riveting series of lectures, award-winning author and professor Joseph J. Ellis invokes the spirit of the revolutionary period by examining the personalities of the remarkable men who fought for-as well as crafted the blueprint for-the creation of the United States.
- The Revolution and the Generation
- Anglo-America in 1763 and Benjamin Franklin
- The Constitutional Crisis, 1763-74, and John Adams
- The Imperial Crisis, 1763-75, and George Washington
- The Spirit of '76 and Thomas Jefferson
- What the Declaration Declared
- The Long War, 1775-83, and Joseph Plumb Martin
- Confederation to Constitution and Alexander Hamilton
- A More Perfect Union and James Madison
- The Ghost at the Banquet: Slavery
- Crucial Decade: The Federalist Agenda
- Crucial Decade: Party Politics
- The Restoration of 1800
- American Dialogue: Adams and Jefferson
Joseph J. Ellis is the Ford Foundation Professor of History at Mount Holyoke College. After attending the College of William and Mary and Yale University, he served as a captain in the U.S. Army and taught at West Point before joining the faculty at Mount Holyoke. Ellis is the author of several books, including the National Book Awardwinning American Sphinx: The Character of Thomas Jefferson and Founding Brothers: The Revolutionary Generation.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews