Paul: Apostle of the Heart Set Free / Edition 1by F. F. Bruce
Written by one of the best known and most respected biblical scholars of all time, this illustrated volume explores all of the primary themes in Paul's thought as they developed in the historical context of his life and travels. While Bruce's primary concern is to portray the life of the apostle Paul, he also examines the main themes of Paul's thought,… See more details below
Written by one of the best known and most respected biblical scholars of all time, this illustrated volume explores all of the primary themes in Paul's thought as they developed in the historical context of his life and travels. While Bruce's primary concern is to portray the life of the apostle Paul, he also examines the main themes of Paul's thought, set in their historical background and illustrated from his letters. Originally published in 1977, this new paperback edition of Paul will be used with profit by all who have an interest in the primitive church—from general readers to the most advanced biblical scholar.
- Eerdmans, William B. Publishing Company
- Publication date:
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 6.00(w) x 8.90(h) x 1.10(d)
Table of Contents
- The Rise of Rome
- The Jews under Foreign Rule
- "Of No Mean City"
- "This Man is a Roman Citizen"
- "A Hebrew Born of Hebrews
- "When the Time had Fully Come"
- The Beginning of "The Way"
- Persecutor of the Church
- Paul Becomes a Christian
- Paul and the Jerusalem Tradition
- Paul and the Historical Jesus
- Paul and the Exalted Christ
- Paul and the Hellenistic Mission
- Man of Vision and Man of Action
- Conference in Jerusalem
- Church Extension in Cyprus and Asia Minor
- The Gentile Problem
- "What the Law could not do"
- Flesh and Spirit
- Antioch to Philippi
- Christianity in Thessalonica
- Paul and the Athenians
- The Church of God at Corinth
- Corinthian Correspondence
- Baptism and the Lord's Supper in Pauline Thought
- Ephesus: Open Door and Many Adversaries
- Paul and the Life to Come
- Farewell to Macedonia and Achaia
- The Gospel according to Paul
- Last Visit to Jerusalem
- Caesarea and the Appeal to Caesar
- "And So We Came to Rome"
- Paul and Roman Christianity
- The Letter to Philemon
- Principalities and Powers
- The Quintessence of Paulinism
- The Last Days of Paul: History and Tradition
- Concluding Reflections
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >