Payroll Best Practices / Edition 1by Steven M. Bragg
Pub. Date: 07/20/2005
By implementing best practices, a company can greatly improve its level of efficiency information reporting, especially within the payroll department. Payroll Best Practices features more than 120 best practices related to every phase of a company's payroll activities: tracking employee time, recording deductions, paying employees, calculating commissions,
By implementing best practices, a company can greatly improve its level of efficiency information reporting, especially within the payroll department. Payroll Best Practices features more than 120 best practices related to every phase of a company's payroll activities: tracking employee time, recording deductions, paying employees, calculating commissions, outsourcing, control systems, and more.
Written by esteemed accountant and bestselling author Steven Bragg, Payroll Best Practices shows controllers, payroll managers, and CFOs how to integrate these techniques into their existing payroll system. This go-to source for payroll improvements includes:
- Detailed policies and procedures that incorporate best practices
- An implementation plan for achieving the greatest efficiency improvement through the selective use of payroll best practices
- Ways to automate the timekeeping process or, at least, simplify it
- Methods to reduce employee deductions and convert to automated processes through the use of employee and manager self-service
- Numerous forms and reports, as well as advanced forms of data storage and electronic presentation
- Approaches to converting to a variety of electronic employee payments, as well as ways to encourage employees to accept the change
- A broad range of methods designed to simplify the calculation of commissions
- Ways to outsource multiple payroll functions
- Coverage of management-related payroll tasks, including training, process improvements, and customer service issues
- Techniques for using major computer systems to improve payroll processing
- Several payroll-specific measurements useful in designing a payroll metrics tracking system
- And much more
Increase efficiency, lower error rates, and improve service to employees, with the help of Payroll Best Practices.
- Publication date:
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 9.21(w) x 6.14(h) x 0.56(d)
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Success or Failure with Best Practices.
Chapter 2: Employee Time Tracking.
Chapter 3: Employee Benefits and Deductions.
Chapter 4: Payroll Forms and Reports.
Chapter 5: Payments to Employees.
Chapter 6: Commission Calculations and Payments.
Chapter 7: Payroll Outsourcing.
Chapter 8: Payroll Management.
Chapter 9: Payroll Systems.
Chapter 10: Payroll Controls.
Chapter 11: Payroll Measurements.
Chapter 12: Payroll Policies and Procedures.
Chapter 13: Best Practices Implementation Plan.
Appendix: Summary of Payroll Best Practices.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >