PC Hardware: The Complete Referenceby Craig Zacker, John Rourke
From motherboards to modems,this heavy-hitting resource has everything you need to know to upgrade,troubleshoot,and maintain your PC. It covers all the major operating systems DOS,Windows,UNIX,& Linux,and explains networking and Internet connection issues and devices. Special features include a detailed troubleshooting flowchart and a "Build Your Dream Machine" section.
Solve Your PC Problems with This Definitive PC Reference!
Build,configure,and troubleshoot your PC with help from this comprehensive and easy-to-use reference. Covering everything from hardware basics to resolving advanced configuration issues,this step-by-step guide will walk you through each stage of putting together the PC system that you desireor simply help you improve performance of your current system. You*ll learn how to choose components,increase your computer's memory,and install new drives and peripherals. And,the bonus CD-ROM contains a narrated video that explains how to select and install or remove components,and create the PC system of your dreams.
- Learn the fundamentals of PC technology
- Address memory issues and solve system conflicts
- Get details on the motherboard chipset and set up input-output devices
- Understand the basics of power supply and protection
- Connect your PC to a network and access the Internet
- Choose and install all the latest video and audio subsystems
- Connect PC componentskeyboards,CD-ROM,video,disk drives,and more
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews