PC Interfacing, Communications and Windows Programming / Edition 1by William Buchanan
Written as a follow up to the author's successful Applied PC Interfacing, Graphics and Interrupts this book covers all the different aspects of computer systems from low-level hardware (such as processors and interface devices) to high-level software (such as Win32 programming). Clearly written with easy-to-understand examples and end-of chapter exercises PC/i>… See more details below
Written as a follow up to the author's successful Applied PC Interfacing, Graphics and Interrupts this book covers all the different aspects of computer systems from low-level hardware (such as processors and interface devices) to high-level software (such as Win32 programming). Clearly written with easy-to-understand examples and end-of chapter exercises PC Interfacing, Communications and Windows Programming is the book for you if you have every wondered:
- How do I communicate using the serial port?
- How do I communicate using the parallel port?
- How do I write interrupt-driven software?
- How do I communicate over a network?
- How do I program in Microsoft Windows?
- What is the best bus for connection to this peripheral (serial or parallel)?
- How do I program using Win32?
- How do I create a menu?
- Which is better for my application, C++ or Visual Basic?
- What devices does a PC use?
Divided into 8 sections, Hardware, Interfaces, RS-232/Parallel port, Windows Programming, Windows Interfacing (Windows NT/95), Win32 Programming, Networking and Java, PC Interfacing, Communications and Windows Programming is shows why covers the intersection of hardware and software engineering.
- Includes worked examples and case studies
- State of the art software used when discussing software interfacing
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 6.74(w) x 9.12(h) x 1.23(d)
Table of Contents
|5||8086 Interfacing and Timing||50|
|6||UART and PIC||59|
|7||PPI and PTC||69|
|8||Interrupts and BIOS||88|
|12||IDE and Mass Storage||141|
|18||Interrupt-driven Parallel Port||221|
|19||Enhanced Parallel Port||226|
|25||VB (Graphics and Timer)||322|
|26||VB (Serial Comms)||332|
|27||Windows 95/98/NT (Introduction)||344|
|33||Drawing and Painting||422|
|39||Java (Events and Windows)||553|
|B||ASCII Character Codes||615|
|E Quick Reference||656|
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >