PC Technician Street Smarts: A Real World Guide to CompTIA A+ Skillsby James Pyles
Gaining hands-on experience is considered the most difficult part of trying to break into the PC technician. Building on the standards set by CompTIA-and endorsed by the IT industry worldwide-this book takes you one step further than what you might
- LendMe LendMe™ Learn More
An inside look into the life of a PC technician-from everyday tasks to the challenging roadblocks
Gaining hands-on experience is considered the most difficult part of trying to break into the PC technician. Building on the standards set by CompTIA-and endorsed by the IT industry worldwide-this book takes you one step further than what you might simply learn in a classroom and shows you how to actually perform the various tasks you can expect to encounter on the job.
The Street Smarts series is designed to help current or aspiring IT professionals put their certification to work for them. Full of practical, real world scenarios, each book features actual tasks from the field and then offers step-by-step exercises that teach the skills necessary to complete those tasks. Broken down into the various aspects of a PC technician's job, this book provides you with step-by-step guidance for performing some of the most common and some of the most daunting tasks PC technicians face.
- Includes detailed instructions for performing the everyday tasks and handling the difficult scenarios that a PC technician faces on a daily basis
- Covers hardware and software installation and maintenance as well as installing and upgrading operating systems, networks, and security systems
- Provides step-by-step guidance for installing or replacing a power supply or laptop hard drive, upgrading Windows XP to Vista, scanning and removing viruses, and installing printer drivers
Whether you're looking to break into the field of PC technicians, are pursuing your A+ certification, or are seeking some unique guidance to performing real-world tasks, this resource is essential.
- Wiley, John & Sons, Incorporated
- Publication date:
- Sold by:
- Barnes & Noble
- NOOK Book
- File size:
- 6 MB
Meet the Author
James Pyles, A+, Network+, CCNA, is an experienced instructor and author. He is atechnical writer for EmergeCore Networks. He also provides technical support for server, workstation, and audiovisual hardware and networks for a major hardware manufacturer. He has participated in numerous installations of hardware, operating systems, and wireless LANs.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews