PDF Printing and Workflowby Frank Romano (2), Frank J. Romano
PDF and related digital technologies are transforming graphics arts workflow-and with every new job, it seems, come new surprises. Now there's a comprehensive guide to the realities of digital workflow with PDF, by the
Must reading for every design, publishing, and print professional The only complete, real-world guide to PDF and digital workflow!
PDF and related digital technologies are transforming graphics arts workflow-and with every new job, it seems, come new surprises. Now there's a comprehensive guide to the realities of digital workflow with PDF, by the industry's leading expert and author-Frank Romano. In PDF Printing and Workflow, you'll walk through all you need to know to integrate PDF into digital processes that actually achieve their goals. From preflighting to color management, trapping to RIPping, it's all here-the best practices, pitfalls, workarounds, and compromises that would otherwise take you years to learn.
- Build reliable networks for digital workflow automation-and prevent bottlenecks
- Get expert advice on creating, viewing, and editing PDF files
- Learn advanced trapping approaches, including In-RIP Trapping
- Make the most of Acrobat Exchange, PDFWriter, and Acrobat Catalog
- Learn more about Crackerjack, Tailor, Checkup, PitStop, and other key PDF plug-ins
Discover how designer/printer relationships must evolve to support high-quality, profitable work in digital environments. Implement technology and workflows to support short runs, personalization, repurposing, soft proofing, and other critical new requirements. Get "under the hood" with PDF and PostScript to see why things don't always work as they're supposed to. Whether you're a creative, publishing, or print professional, PDF Printing and Workflow brings together all the theory and practice you need to succeed with digital workflow.
- The definitive guide to digital workflow with PDF!
- Real-world applications and insights
- Trapping, RIPping, color management, personalization, and more
- Up-to-the-minute coverage of PDF problems, workarounds, and plug-ins
- Pearson Education
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 7.03(w) x 9.24(h) x 0.85(d)
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >