Pearson's Administrative Medical Assisting / Edition 1by Nina Beaman, Lorraine Fleming-McPhillips
Pub. Date: 03/03/2006
Publisher: Prentice Hall
This is volume I of a brand new Medical Assisting text that is all about Connections: Medical Assistant's connections with patients, physicians, offices and jobs. A student's connection with the book, their instructor and their newly chosen profession is a recipe for success. This text is available as one comprehensive textbook or can be purchased in
This is volume I of a brand new Medical Assisting text that is all about Connections: Medical Assistant's connections with patients, physicians, offices and jobs. A student's connection with the book, their instructor and their newly chosen profession is a recipe for success. This text is available as one comprehensive textbook or can be purchased in a three volume set. Volume 1- Administrative, Volume 2- Anatomy and Physiology and Volume 3- Clinical may also be sold separately. Pearson's Comprehensive Medical Assisting, 1e, is the first book to help students succeed in both the classroom and in their careers. It helps students take information from "what you need to do" to "how to do it". Strong integration of tips, hints and guidelines help students avoid common performance mishaps while peforming clinical skills and the softer skills (e.g. timeliness, presentation, interpersonal relations).
- Prentice Hall
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- New Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 8.90(w) x 10.46(h) x 0.69(d)
Table of Contents
VOLUME I - Administrative Medical Assisting
1. Medical Assisting: The Profession.
2. Medical Science: History and Practice.
3. Medical Law and Ethics.
4. Communication: Verbal and Nonverbal.
5. The Office Environment (Include Safety).
6. Telephone Techniques.
7. Patient Reception.
8. Appointment Scheduling.
9. Office Facilities, Equipment and Supplies.
10. Written Communication.
11. Computers in the Medical Office.
12. Managing Medical Records.
13. Fees, Billing, Collections and Credit.
14. Financial Management (Include Banking).
15. Medical Insurance.
16. Medical Insurance Claims.
17. Medical Coding.
18. Medical Office Management.
Volume II - Anatomy and Physiology
19. Body Structure and Function
20. The Integumentary System
21. The Skeletal System
22. The Muscular System
23. The Nervous System
24. The Senses
25. The Cardiovascular System
26. The Immune System
27. The Respiratory System
28. The Digestive System
29. The Urinary System
30. The Endocrine System
31. The Reproductive System
Volume III - Clinical Medical Assisting
32. Infection Control: Asepsis
33. Assisting with Physical Examinations
34. Vital Signs and Measurements
35. Assisting with Medical Specialties
36. Assisting in Eye and Ear Care
37. Assisting with Life Span Specialties
38. Assisting with Minor Surgery
39. Assisting with Medical Emergencies
40. The ClinicalLaboratory
45. Electrocardiography and Pulmonary Function
46. Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation
47. Math for Pharmacology
49. Administering Medications
50. Patient Education
53. Externship and Career opportunities
Appendix A. Tables: Assisting with Medical Specialties.
Appendix B. Abbreviations, Symbols and Measurements.
Appendix C. Common Medical Terminology Prefixes and Suffixes.
Appendix D. Glossary.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >