- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Having a balanced understanding of legal and ethical concepts and applying them to a multitude of real-life clinical and administrative situations is essential to any health professional. This text provides this balance by helping health professionals understand both the intention as well as the realities of the law. All the while, preparing them for the major ethical considerations and dilemmas they may encounter. Written in a straightforward manner aimed at health professionals in a variety of settings, this book introduces the reader to many topics affecting health care today such as the legal system, patient/physician relationship, professional liability and malpractice prevention, confidentiality, physician's public duties, medical records, and bioethical issues. Through this introduction healthcare professionals will better understand the ethical obligations to the patient, the employer, and themselves. For Medical Assisting students.
VOLUME III - Clinical Medical Assisting.
32. Infection Control: Asepsis.
33. Assisting with Physical Examinations.
34. Vital Signs and Measurements.
35. Assisting with Medical Specialties.
36. Assisting in Eye and Ear Care.
37. Assisting with Life Span Specialties.
38. Assisting with Minor Surgery.
39. Assisting with Medical Emergencies.
40. The Clinical Laboratory.
45. Electrocardiography and Pulmonary Function.
46. Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation.
47. Math for Pharmacology.
48. Administrering Medications.
50. Patient Education.
53. Externship and Career Opportunities.
Appendix A. Tables: Assisting with Medical Specialties.
Appendix B. Abbreviations, Symbols and Measurements.
Appendix C. Common Medical Terminology Prefixes and Suffixes.
Appendix D. Glossary.