Pediatric Abusive Head Traumaby CME Resource
- LendMe LendMe™ Learn More
The purpose of this course is to provide healthcare providers with the information necessary to quickly and accurately identify pediatric abusive head trauma and to intervene in cases of abuse, which should decrease the morbidity and mortality experienced by the victims. In addition, members of the public may use this course to enhance their personal knowledge of the subject matter presented.
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
1. Outline the history and epidemiology of pediatric abusive head trauma.
2. Describe mechanisms and clinical presentations of pediatric head injuries resulting from abuse.
3. Identify and treat various types of head trauma that may present in pediatric victims of abuse.
4. Recognize signs and symptoms necessary to diagnose abuse in infants and children, and discuss the process of reporting abuse.
5. Analyze approaches to preventing pediatric abusive head trauma.
This 2-hour continuing education course is available for download for professional development; if continuing education credit is desired, please see instructions included in eBook.
- BN ID:
- CME Resource/NetCE
- Publication date:
- Sold by:
- Barnes & Noble
- NOOK Book
- File size:
- 229 KB
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews