Pediatric Acupunctureby May Loo, John Spencer
Pub. Date: 10/02/2002
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
This practical introduction to pediatric acupuncture and related techniques explores the important concepts of childhood development and integrates conventional theories with those of Traditional Chinese Medicine. Provides effective acupuncture techniques for treating 22 common childhood conditions, with special emphasis on treatments that are safe, simple,… See more details below
This practical introduction to pediatric acupuncture and related techniques explores the important concepts of childhood development and integrates conventional theories with those of Traditional Chinese Medicine. Provides effective acupuncture techniques for treating 22 common childhood conditions, with special emphasis on treatments that are safe, simple, non-invasive, and readily accepted by children.
• A clear and realistic description is provided for the appropriate use of acupuncture in the treatment of children.
• Conventional child development theories are integrated with the TCM paradigms to help devise more appropriate and effective treatment plans.
• Non-invasive acupuncture-related techniques are offered to assist in treating children who have a fear of needles.
• Treatment plans are provided for 22 common childhood conditions - including asthma and eczema.
• Concerns and issues related to diet and immunization in childhood are explored.
• The author is a practicing pediatrician with many years experience in both working with children and as an acupuncture practitioner.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- New Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 7.72(w) x 9.96(h) x 1.17(d)
Table of Contents
History of pediatrics
The beginning of life
Understanding the physiology and pathophysiology of childhood illnesses
Childhood development according to the Five Elements
Evaluation of children
Pediatric acupuncture modalities and treatment protocols
Childhood infections and immunizations - update and controversies:
Common pediatric conditions - East and West
Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder
Inflammatory bowel disease
Upper respiratory tract infection
Urinary tract infection
Appendix: Acupuncture meridians
Bibliography of general Chinese medicine texts
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >