Pediatric Advanced Life Support Study Guide / Edition 2by Barbara J Aehlert
Pub. Date: 12/01/2004
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
The second edition of this study guide by popular author, Barbara Aehlert, incorporates both prehospital and hospital management of pediatric emergencies. In a concise, easy-to-read outline format, Pediatric Advanced Life Support Study Guide, 2nd Edition, provides the most essential information a provider needs. Pediatric Advanced Life Support Study Guide, 2nd… See more details below
The second edition of this study guide by popular author, Barbara Aehlert, incorporates both prehospital and hospital management of pediatric emergencies. In a concise, easy-to-read outline format, Pediatric Advanced Life Support Study Guide, 2nd Edition, provides the most essential information a provider needs. Pediatric Advanced Life Support Study Guide, 2nd Edition, reflects the 2000 emergency cardiovascular care guidelines. It is also the approved text for the American Safety & Health Institute's (ASHI)pediatric advanced life support course. For more information on ASHI courses, call 800-246-5101 or visit www.ashinstitute.org. Instructor resources available; contact your sales representative for details.
• An outline format featuring bulleted lists, concise tables, and a user-friendly writing style makes this comprehensive text incredibly easy to read and understand.
• A Pretest and a Posttest consisting of multiple choice, true/false, fill in the blank, and essay questions tests readers' overall comprehension of the material.
• PALS Pearl Boxes help readers apply information covered in the text to real-life clinical situations.
• Sidebars contain additional information relevant to the topics covered in the chapter, giving readers an opportunity for further learning.
• A laminated quick reference card gives practitioners easy access to critical information in the field or hospital. This convenient card includes essential information regarding respiratory and heart rates, blood pressure, basic life support interventions, Glasgow Coma Scale, airway size and equipment selection for intubation corresponding to the Broselow Resuscitation Tape, several pediatric algorithms, and pain assessment tools.
FREE quick-reference card included!
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 8.56(w) x 10.86(h) x 0.74(d)
Table of Contents
Pretest Chapter 1 Chain of Survival and Emergency Medical Services for Children Chapter 2 Patient Assessment Chapter 3 Respiratory Distress and Respiratory Failure Chapter 4 Respiratory Interventions Chapter 5 Cardiovascular Emergencies Chapter 6 Cardiovascular Interventions Chapter 7 Fluids and Medications Chapter 8 Trauma and Burns Chapter 9 Toxicological Emergencies Chapter 10 Death of an Infant or Child Chapter 11 Children with Special Healthcare Needs Chapter 12 Resuscitation of the Newly Born Post-test Glossary Index
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >