Pediatric Allergy: Principles and Practice: Expert Consult / Edition 2by Donald Y. M. Leung
Pediatric Allergy supplies the comprehensive guidance you need to diagnose, manage, and treat virtually any type of allergy seen in children. Drs. Leung, Sampson, Geha, and Szefler present the new full-color second edition, with coverage of the diagnosis and management of anaphylaxis, the immune mechanisms underlying allergic disease, the latest diagnostic tests,… See more details below
Pediatric Allergy supplies the comprehensive guidance you need to diagnose, manage, and treat virtually any type of allergy seen in children. Drs. Leung, Sampson, Geha, and Szefler present the new full-color second edition, with coverage of the diagnosis and management of anaphylaxis, the immune mechanisms underlying allergic disease, the latest diagnostic tests, and more…in print and online at expertconsult.com.
- Treat the full range of pediatric allergic and immunologic diseases through clinically focused coverage relevant to both allergists and pediatricians.
- Understand the care and treatment of pediatric patients thanks to clinical pearls discussing the best approaches.
- Easily refer to appendices that list common food allergies and autoantibodies in autoimmune diseases.
- Access the fully searchable contents online at expertconsult.com, where you’ll also find a downloadable image bank.
- Apply the newest diagnostic tests available-for asthma, upper respiratory allergy, and more-and know their benefits and contraindications.
- Treat the allergy at its source rather than the resulting reactions through an understanding of the immune mechanisms underlying allergic diseases.
- Get coverage of new research that affects methods of patient treatment and discusses potential reasons for increased allergies in some individuals.
- Better manage potential anaphylaxis cases through analysis of contributing facts and progression of allergic disease.
- Effectively control asthma and monitor its progression using the new step-by-step approach.
- Eliminate difficulty in prescribing antibiotics thanks to coverage of drug allergies and cross-reactivity.
Manage the rapid increase in pediatric allergy with the comprehensive guidance of Drs. Leung & Sampson
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 8.50(w) x 11.10(h) x 1.30(d)
Meet the Author
More from this Author
Table of Contents
|Sect. A||General Concepts||1|
|1||Epidemiology of Allergic Diseases||1|
|2||Natural History of Allergic Diseases and Asthma||10|
|3||The Genetics of Allergic Disease and Asthma||23|
|4||Regulation and Biology of Immunoglobulin E||39|
|5||Inflammatory Effector Cells/Cell Migration||51|
|6||The Developing Immune System and Allergy||69|
|Sect. B||Immunologic Diseases||81|
|7||Approach to the Child with Recurrent Infections||81|
|9||T Cell Immunodeficiencies||99|
|10||Pediatric Human Immunodeficiency Virus Infection||110|
|12||White Blood Cell Defects||130|
|13||Rheumatic Diseases of Childhood: Therapeutic Principles||145|
|15||Autoimmune Lymphoproliferative Syndrome||170|
|16||Epstein-Barr Virus Infections||176|
|Sect. C||Immune-Directed Therapies||183|
|17||Intravenous Immune Serum Globulin Therapy||183|
|18||Bone Marrow Transplantation||193|
|20||Gene Therapy and Allergy||211|
|21||Stem Cell Therapeutics: An Overview||224|
|Sect. D||Diagnosis and Treatment of Allergic Disease||233|
|22||Laboratory (In Vitro) Analyses||233|
|23||In Vivo Testing for Immunoglobulin E-Mediated Sensitivity||243|
|27||Immunotherapy for Allergic Disease||277|
|Sect. E||Upper Airway Disease||287|
|32||Immunology of the Asthmatic Response||337|
|33||Guidelines for Treatment of Asthma||350|
|34||Functional Assessment of Asthma||357|
|35||Infections and Asthma||366|
|36||Special Considerations for Infants and Young Children||379|
|37||Inner City Asthma||392|
|38||Asthma in Older Children||405|
|39||Asthma Education Programs for Children||425|
|40||Asthma and the Athlete||435|
|41||Refractory Childhood Asthma: New Insight into the Pathogenesis, Diagnosis, and Management||444|
|42||Promoting Adherence and Effective Self-Management in Patients with Asthma||457|
|43||New Directions in Asthma Management||465|
|Sect. G||Food Allergy||473|
|44||Mucosal Immunity: An Overview||473|
|45||Evaluation of Food Allergy||478|
|46||Approach to Feeding Problems in the Infant and Young Child||488|
|47||Prevention and Natural History of Food Allergy||495|
|48||Enterocolitis, Proctocolitis, and Enteropathy||510|
|49||Eosinophilic Esophagitis, Gastroenteritis, and Proctocolitis||518|
|50||Food Allergy, Respiratory Disease, and Anaphylaxis||529|
|51||Atopic Dermatitis and Food Hypersensitivity||538|
|52||Management of Food Allergy||546|
|Sect. H||Allergic Skin and Eye Diseases||561|
|54||Urticaria and Angioedema||574|
|56||Allergic and Immunologic Eye Disease||595|
|Sect. I||Drug Allergy and Anaphylaxis||611|
|59||Insect Sting Anaphylaxis||633|
|60||General Treatment of Anaphylaxis||643|
|App. I||Clinical Immunology Laboratory Values||655|
|App. II||Food Allergy||657|
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >