Pediatric Radiology: The Requisites / Edition 1by Johan G. Blickman
Pub. Date: 11/23/1993
Publisher: Mosby, Incorporated
This third edition of Pediatric Radiologya volume in The Requisites in Radiology seriescovers everything from basic principles of interpreting diagnostic imaging studies through cutting-edge techniques. Expert authors Johan G. Blickman, MD, PhD and Patrick D. Barnes, MD are now joined by Bruce R. Parker, MD to provide the latest advances in pediatric
This third edition of Pediatric Radiologya volume in The Requisites in Radiology seriescovers everything from basic principles of interpreting diagnostic imaging studies through cutting-edge techniques. Expert authors Johan G. Blickman, MD, PhD and Patrick D. Barnes, MD are now joined by Bruce R. Parker, MD to provide the latest advances in pediatric radiology in a convenient, quick-access format with high-quality images. This edition features a greater emphasis on differential diagnosis, neuron functional imaging, and coverage of the dynamic topic of cardiac MR. You’ll have everything you need to succeed in radiology examinations, subspecialty rotations, and clinical practice.
• Provides comprehensive yet concise coverage of the core material fundamental to this subspecialty for learning and quick reference.
• Presents material in a logical anatomic sequence, organized by organ system with eight chapters covering an overview of pediatric imaging, chest, heart, gastrointestinal tract, accessory organs of digestion, genitourinary tract, the skeletal system, and neuroimaging.
• Features a multi-modality approach to provide you with the most common imaging approaches tailored to each organ system.
• Emphasizes that pediatric diagnosis is a distinct specialty, as opposed to an aberration from standard adult diagnosis.
• Includes tables, boxes, pearls, key concepts, and differential diagnosis throughout the text to make key material accessible and easy to reference.
• Presents expanded coverageby more than 20%on the basics of interpreting diagnostic imaging studies of infants and children so you get an even more comprehensive guide that still maintains its concise format.
• Reflects the advances and changes in the field through extensive updates to many of the images and all the chapters, tables, boxes, FAQs, and Pearls & Pitfalls.
• Provides new insights from additional co-author Bruce R. Parker, MDa respected authority in the fieldfor new approaches to the material.
• Features an increased emphasis on neuron functional imaging to highlight the recent developments in this area.
• Includes more differential diagnosis and integrates the diagnosis of emergency conditions throughout out the text so you can quickly and easily identify conditions accurately.
• Captures the prominent and fast-moving area of cardiac MR to keep you abreast of hot new technologies.
Table of Contents
CHAPTER 1 Pediatric Imaging, (Hans) Blickman
CHAPTER 2 Chest, (Hans) Blickman and Lya Van Die
CHAPTER 3 Heart, Rajesh Krishnamurthy and (Hans) Blickman
CHAPTER 4 Gastrointestinal Tract. Bruce R. Parker and (Hans) Blickman
CHAPTER 5 Accessory Organs of Digestion, Bruce R. Parker and (Hans) Blickman
CHAPTER 6, Genitourinary Tract. (Hans) Blickman and Carla Boetes
CHAPTER 7 Skeletal System, (Hans) Blickman and Geert Vanderschueren
CHAPTER 8 Brain Imaging, Patrick D. Barnes
CHAPTER 9 Spine Imaging, Patrick D. Barnes
CHAPTER 10 Head and Neck Imaging, Patrick D. Barnes
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >