The Peoples of the Middle Niger: The Island of Gold / Edition 1by Roderick James Mcintosh
Pub. Date: 10/23/1998
This book provides the first comprehensive history of the peoples of the Middle Niger written by an English-speaking scholar. See more details below
This book provides the first comprehensive history of the peoples of the Middle Niger written by an English-speaking scholar.
Table of Contents
List of Plates.
List of Figures.
List of Maps.
1. Riches Beyond Lucre, The Island of Gold.
2. The Dry Basins of the Middle Niger.
3. Historical Imagination: 4100 BP.
4. Peoples of the Four Live Basins.
5. Historical Imagination: 300 BC.
6. Penetration of the Deep Basins.
7. Historical Imagination: AD 400.
8. Prosperity and Cities.
9. Historical Imagination: AD 1000.
10. The Imperial Tradition.
11. Historical Imagination: AD 1472.
12. Epilogue: Resilience of an Original Civil Society?.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >