Periodontics: Medicine, Surgery and Implants / Edition 1by Louis F. Rose, D. Walter Cohen, Robert J. Genco, Brian L. Mealey
Pub. Date: 08/06/2004
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
This definitive book presents the medical and surgical aspects of periodontics in full color, organized to coincide with topics in the AAP's Vision 2020 Objectives. It offers strong theory and concepts, as well as highly instructive clinical practice applications. The hallmark of this book is that it directs dental diagnosis and treatment toward controlling… See more details below
This definitive book presents the medical and surgical aspects of periodontics in full color, organized to coincide with topics in the AAP's Vision 2020 Objectives. It offers strong theory and concepts, as well as highly instructive clinical practice applications. The hallmark of this book is that it directs dental diagnosis and treatment toward controlling infection and establishing an oral environment that is conducive to the overall health and well-being of the patient. Interrelationships between oral and systemic health are emphasized throughout, and advanced technologies and techniques such as oral, plastic and reconstructive surgery, and dental implant surgery are key components.
• All goals and objectives of the American Academy of Periodontology's Vision 2020 program are addressed, highlighting the most up-to-date information on periodontal medicine.
• Content is organized to coincide with the AAP's Vision 2020 Objectives.
• Full color illustrations show the tissue colors and provide critical information about diagnosis of disease and assessment of the success or failure of clinical therapy.
• Information is provided on all forms of nonsurgical and surgical therapies, including dental implant surgery and advanced surgical techniques such as guided bone regeneration, sinus augmentation, and esthetic periodontal surgery.
• The chapters dealing with mucogingival surgery, resective surgery, and the basic principles of surgery essentially make up a color atlas of periodontal practice.
• A comprehensive chapter on conscious sedation offers excellent content as an option for patients who want to be "asleep" during involved procedures.
• Information on when and how to use antibiotics and antimicrobials adds a critical component to the interrelationship between oral and systemic health.
• No other periodontal reference includes a chapter on electronic dental health records, with highly relevant content as more and more dental practices move toward becoming "paperless" offices.
• A separate chapter on the role of the dental hygienist in periodontal procedures makes this the perfect reference for in-office education.
• Information on periodontal instrumentation provides an excellent overview of the instruments that practitioners and their support staff use every day.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- New Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 8.76(w) x 11.16(h) x 1.81(d)
- Age Range:
- 18 Years
Table of Contents
Part I: Basic Concepts in Periodontal Pathobiology
1. Anatomy, development, and physiology of the periodontium
2. Diagnosis and classification of periodontal diseases
3. Epidemiology and risk factors of periodontal diseases
4. Microbiology of periodontal diseases
5. Immuno-inflammatory response in periodontal diseases
6. Dental plaque and calculus, microbial biofilms, and periodontal diseases
7. Contributing factors
Part II: Periodontal Evaluation, Treatment Planning, and Nonsurgical Therapy
8. Clinical Periodontal Examination
9. Radiographic Examination
10. The Electronic Patient Record
11. Formulating a Periodontal Diagnosis and Prognosis
12. Acute periodontal conditions
13. Oral Physiotherapy
14. Nonsurgical therapy
15. Periodontal and Dental Implant Maintenance
16. Locally Acting Chemotherapeutic Agents
17. Systemic Chemotherapeutic Agents
18. Role of the Dental Hygienist
Part III: Surgical Therapy
19. Conscious Sedation
20. Principles and Practice of Periodontal Surgery
21. Periodontal Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
22. Principles of Periodontal Plastic Microsurgery
23. Resective Periodontal Surgery
24. Treatment of Molar Furcations
25. Periodontal Regeneration and Reconstructive Surgery
26. Dental Implants in the Periodontally Compromised Dentition
Part IV: Multidisciplinary Care
27. Periodontal Prosthesis: Functional Biology, Implantology and Esthetics
28. Periodontal-Orthodontic Considerations
30. Periodontal-Endodontic Considerations
Part V: Periodontal Medicine
31. Systemic Factors Impacting the Periodontium
32. Effects of Periodontal Infection on the Systemic Condition
33. Medications Impacting the Periodontium
34. Effect of Tobacco Smoking and Alcohol Use on Periodontal Disease
35. Selected Hard and Soft Tissue Lesions with Periodontal Relevance
36. Medical and Dental History
37. Periodontal Treatment of the Medically Compromised Patient
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >