1. Evolution of Endovascular Therapy: Diagnostics and Therapeutics
Thomas J. Fogarty, M.D.
2. Pathophysiology of Vascular Disease
Christopher K. Zarins, M.D.
II. COMPONENTS OF AN ENDOVASCULAR PRACTICE
3. Training and Credentialing in Endovascular Surgery for Vascular Surgeons
G. Patrick Clagett, M.D,
4. Assessment of Vascular Patients and Indications for Intervention
Christian de Virgilio, M.D.
5. Successful Models for Endovascular Care
Rodney A. White, M.D. and Thomas J. Fogarty, M.D.
6. Anesthesia for Endovascular Procedures
Maurice Lippmann, M.D.
7. Intraprocedural Monitoring for Endovascular Procedures
Ali Khoynezhad, M.D.
8. Postintervention Surveillance of Endovascular Interventions
Ross Milner, M.D.
9. Safety Considerations for Endovascular Surgery
George E. Kopchok, B.S.
III. FACILITIES AND EQUIPMENT FOR ENDOVASCULAR INTERVENTION
10. Endovascular Suite Design
Roy Greenberg, M.D.
11. Image Production and Visualization Systems: Angiography, US, CT and MRI
Irwin Walot, M.D.
12. Role of 3-D Imaging Technologies in Procedure Planning and Post-procedure Surveillance
Rodney A. White, M.D.
13. Angioscopy: Instrumentation, Techniques, and Applications
Arnold Miller, M.D. and Juha P. Salenius, M.D.
14. Transcutaneous Ultrasound Guidance for Endovascular Procedures
Enrico Ascher, MD
15. Intravascular Ultrasound Imaging
George E. Kopchok B.S., and Rodney A White, M.D.
IV. ENDOVASCULAR INSTRUMENTATION AND DEVICES
16. Biomaterials Considerations for Endovascular Devices
Martin P. Back, M.D. and Rodney A. White, M.D.
17. Ancillary Endovascular Equipment: Catheters, Guidewires and Procedural Considerations
Edward V Kinney, M.D.
18. Balloon Angioplasty Catheters
John V. White, M.D.
19. Catheter Thromboembolectotny Devices
Thomas J. Fogarty, M.D.
20. Endovascular Endarterectomy
Frans L. Moll, M.D.
21. Intravascular Stents
Michael C. Dalsing, M.D.
22. Intravascular Laser Technologies
Craig Walker, M.D.
23. Endovascular Devices of Abdominal Aortic Aneurysms
Rodney White, M.D.
24. Endovascular Devices For Thoracic Aortic Aneurysms
Edward Diethrich, M.D.
V. SPECIALIZE ENDOVASCULAR TECHNIQUES
25. Endovascular Treatment of Traumatic Arteriovenous Fistulas and Pseudoaneuryms and of Arterial Occlusive Disease
Carlos E. Donayre, M.D.
26. PTA and Stenting of Subclavian and Innominate Arteries
Amir Motarjeme, M.D.
27. Role of Angioplasty in Limb Salvage
David Allie, M.D.
28. Renal Stents
Gregorio Sicard, M.D.
29. Inferior Vena Caval Filters: The Impact of Endovascular Technology
David Rosental, M.D.
30. Carotid Angioplasty & Stenting
Peter Schneider, M.D.
31. Neurologic Endovascular Interventions
Chuck Dion, M.D.
32. Complications and Troubleshooting
Frank Criado, M.D.
33. Thocoabdominal Branch Vessel Procedures
Chris Kwolek, M.D.
34. Thrombolysis: Peripheral Arterial Applications
Carlos A. Donayre, M.D.
35. Combined Surgical and Endovascular Approaches
James May, M.D. and Geoffrey H. White, M.D.
36. Laparoscopic Aortic Surgery
Carlos Garcia, M.D. and Yves-Marie Dion, M.D.
37. Endovenous Surgery
John J. Bergan, M.D. and Patricia E. Thorpe, M.D.
38. Thoracic Outlet Syndrome: Endoscopic Transaxillary First Rib Resection and Thoracodorsal Sympathectomy for Causalgia
Bernardo D. Martinez, M.D.
39. Prevention of Lesion Recurrence in Endovascular Devices
Ted R. Kohler, M.D. and Alexander W. Clowes, M.D.
40. Management of the Percutaneous Puncture Site
Mklina Kibbe, M.D. and Jon Matsumera, M.D.
VI. SPECIAL CONSIDERATIONS FOR EXPANDING ENDOVASCULAR PRACTICES
41. Endovascular Practice in Asia-Pac
Peripheral Endovascular Interventions / Edition 3by Thomas J. Fogarty, Rodney A. White
Pub. Date: 06/09/2010
Publisher: Springer New York
* Combines the expertise of leading surgeons and interventionalists in presenting the latest innovations This book is a comprehensive review of the rapidly advancing field of endovascular therapy, written by internationally recognized authorities in the field, many of whom are the innovators of the techniques and devices involved. Broad in scope, topics covered
* Combines the expertise of leading surgeons and interventionalists in presenting the latest innovations This book is a comprehensive review of the rapidly advancing field of endovascular therapy, written by internationally recognized authorities in the field, many of whom are the innovators of the techniques and devices involved. Broad in scope, topics covered range from how to obtain training in approved endovascular techniques to promising new lines of investigational therapies. Reflecting the operative nature of many of the new endovascular therapies, this book is somewhat unique for an endovascular text in the strong representation of surgeons among its authors. Purpose: The purpose is to train and update physicians with diverse levels of experience and from a variety of specialties in established, new, and still evolving endovascular techniques. Given the wide variation in expertise among different specialties interested in performing these procedures, and acknowledging that different specialties lack skill in different aspects of various procedures, a book such as this is badly needed. The goals are accomplished by providing broad overviews of the basics for those with little experience and in-depth presentations of advanced topics for more skilled physicians. Audience: The audience includes vascular surgeons, who will take particular interest in the coverage of endovascular equipment and basic percutaneous techniques, and interventional cardiologists and radiologists, who have had little previous exposure to the operative aspects of endovascular therapy discussed in detail in this book.
- Springer New York
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- 3rd ed. 2010
- Product dimensions:
- 7.70(w) x 10.30(h) x 1.10(d)
Table of Contents
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews