- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Directed primarily toward undergraduate finance majors, this text also provides practical content to current and aspiring industry professionals, or anyone interested in learning how to manage their personal finances.
Personal Finance takes a hands-on approach to building a financial plan. The text’s seven parts each cover one section of a financial plan; Chapter 21 is the capstone. A running example throughout the book and a variety of end-of-chapter cases reinforce the practical aspects of planning.
I. TOOLS FOR FINANCIAL PLANNING.
2. Planning with Personal Financial Statements.
3. Applying Time Value Concepts.
4. Using Tax Concepts for Planning.
II. MANAGING YOUR LIQUIDITY.
5. Banking and Interest Rates.
6. Managing Your Money.
7. Managing Your Credit.
III. PERSONAL FINANCING.
8. Personal Loans.
9. Purchasing and Financing a Home.
IV. PROTECTING YOUR WEALTH.
10. Auto and Homeowner's Insurance.
11. Health and Disability Insurance.
12. Life Insurance.
V. PERSONAL INVESTING.
13. Investing Fundamentals.
14. Stock Analysis and Valuation.
15. Investing in Stocks.
16. Investing in Bonds.
17. Investing in Mutual Funds.
18. Asset Allocation.
VI. RETIREMENT AND ESTATE PLANNING.
19. Retirement Planning.
20. Estate Planning.
VII. SYNTHESIS OF FINANCIAL PLANNING.
21. Integrating The Components of A Financial Plan.