- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
In response to the many challenges facing mental health professionals in the era of managed care, this highly respected group of contributors from academia, managed care, and full-time clinical practice, outline the importance of personality assessment, particularly through the use of MMPI-2. Butcher and his colleagues argue that psychological assessment plays an indispensable role in managed care, both because it is an essential tool for evaluating the effectiveness of therapy and because of its significant contributions to the structuring and shortening of the process of therapy. By providing working examples of psychological treatment in the context of managed care, this book shows us that the most effective treatments use personality assessment as their foundation.
Part I: Implications of Managed Care for Personality Assessment
1. Assessment and Treatment in the Era of Managed Care, James N. Butcher
2. Clinical Decision Making in Managed Health Care, T. Mark Harwood, Larry E. Beutler, Daniel Fisher, Monica Sandowicz, Ann Leslie Albanese, Mary Baker
3. Determining the Therapeutic Relationship of Choice in Brief Therapy, John C. Norcross, Larry E. Beutler
4. Challenges for Mental Health Service Providers: The Perspective of Mangaged Care Organizations, Peter A. Ambrose, Jr.
5. Psychological Assessment in Capitated Care: Challenges and Opportunities, Cynthia D. Belar
6. Incorporations of Objective Assessment in Mental Health Care Provision: An Important Role for the Practicing Psychologist, Ralph H. Earle and Roxanne R. Witte
Part II: The Role of Objective Personality Assessment in Treatment Planning: The MMPI-2 in Practice
7. Psychological Tests in Treatment Planning: The Importance of Objective Assessment, Kelly Klump and James N. Butcher
8. Therapeutic Assessment with the MMPI-2 in Managed Health Care, Stephen E. Finn and Hale Martin
9. Use of Computer-Based Personality Test Reports in Treatment Planning, James N. Butcher
10. Treatment-Oriented MMPI/MMPI-2 Studies, Steven Vay Rouse, Jill Sullivan, Jeanette Taylor