Read an Excerpt
Peterson's Happy HourSpirited Cocktails and Helpful Hints to Brighten Daily Life
By Valerie Peterson
Clarkson PotterCopyright © 2010 Valerie Peterson
All right reserved.
Fish Story Punch
• 1½ ounces spiced rum
• 1 ounce peach schnapps
• ½ ounce (1 tablespoon) fresh lemon juice
• ½ ounce (1 tablespoon) simplest syrup (recipe below)
• 1 ounce (2 tablespoons) strongly brewed black tea, cooled
Combine the rum, peach schnapps, lemon juice, and simplest syrup in a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake well (until condensation forms on the entire shaker). Strain the mixture over ice into a rocks glass. Add the tea and stir gently.
For a Boat-load of Fish Story Punch
• 3 cups (24 ounces) spiced rum
• 2 cups (16 ounces) peach schnapps
• 2 cups (16 ounces) strongly brewed black tea, cooled and well chilled
• 1 cup (8 ounces) fresh lemon juice, well chilled
• 1 cup (8 ounces) simple syrup, well chilled
Combine all ingredients in a punch bowl.
simplest simple syrup
Makes approximately 1½ cups
• 1 cup sugar
• 1 cup water
Combine the sugar and water in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally until all the sugar dissolves and the mixture is clear. Cool. Store in an airtight glass jar for up to 1 month in the refrigerator.
Excerpted from Peterson's Happy Hour by Valerie Peterson Copyright © 2010 by Valerie Peterson. Excerpted by permission.
All rights reserved. No part of this excerpt may be reproduced or reprinted without permission in writing from the publisher.
Excerpts are provided by Dial-A-Book Inc. solely for the personal use of visitors to this web site.