Pharmaceutical Analysis: A Textbook for Pharmacy Students and Pharmaceutical Chemists / Edition 3by David G. Watson
Pub. Date: 07/30/2012
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
This introductory text highlights the most important aspects of a wide range of techniques used in the control of the quality of pharmaceuticals. Written with the needs of the student in mind, this clear, practical guide includes self-testing sections with arithmetical examples and tests to help students brush up on their arithmetical skills in an applied
This introductory text highlights the most important aspects of a wide range of techniques used in the control of the quality of pharmaceuticals. Written with the needs of the student in mind, this clear, practical guide includes self-testing sections with arithmetical examples and tests to help students brush up on their arithmetical skills in an applied context.
• Includes worked calculations to demonstrate mathematics in use for pharmaceutical analysis.
• Focuses on key points rather than a large number of facts to help readers really understand the field as well as pass exams.
• Includes self-assessment, focussing on simple arithmetical calculation results from analytical data.
• New to this edition
• Mass spectrometry completely rewritten to reflect extensive changes in the instrumentation.
• High-pressure liquid chromatography extensively reworked to cover recent developments in ultra high-pressure liquid chromatography.
• Nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy rewritten by an expert in this complex analytical technique.
• Thoroughly updated throughout to provide a succinct, expert account of the most frequently used techniques in pharmaceutical quality control.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- New Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 7.40(w) x 9.60(h) x 0.80(d)
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 Control of the quality of analytical methods Chapter 2 Physical and chemical properties of drug molecules Chapter 3 Titrimetic and chemical analysis methods by RuAngelie Edrada-Ebel Chapter 4 Ultraviolet and visible spectroscopy Chapter 5 Infrared spectrophotometry
Chapter 6 Atomic spectrophotometry Chapter 7 Molecular emission spectroscopy Chapter 8 Nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy Chapter 9 Mass spectrometry Chapter 10 Chromatographic theory Chapter 11 Gas chromatography Chapter 12 High-pressure liquid chromatography Chapter 13 Thin-layer chromatography Chapter 14 High-performance capillary electrophoresis Chapter 15 Extraction methods in pharmaceutical analysis
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >
This book is very helpful for pharmacy students.