Just the prescription for mastering pharmacology!
Looking forward to locking in a great, secure job in the booming healthcare field? Well, before you can graduate and get your license, you have to pass that challenging compulsory course in pharmacology. Luckily, there's no need to be intimidated or confused. In Pharmacology Demystified, Dr. Mary Kamienski a top nurse practitioner trainer joins forces with Jim Keogh, author of over 60 best-selling self-help books, to give non-pharmacology majors a fast, easy, and practical way to get on top of this tough subject.
Pharmacology Demystified starts you off by fully explaining concepts and practices in easily understood everyday language. Then, this unique guide leads you forward—at your own pace to the mastery of formal medical terms and skills required on exams and on the job. Summations of key points, background information, quizzes at the end of each chapter, and a "final exam" reinforce learning every step of the way and guarantee your success.
If you want to achieve a high comfort level with pharmacology's concepts, terminology, and skills, here's the self-teaching course that will get you there. Get ready to:
- Learn the essential fundamentals of pharmacology, including definitions, standards, drug actions/interactions, the nursing process and pharmacology, prescription and medical abbreviations, and more
- Discover how drugs are selected to treat diseases that affect different organ systems
- See exactly how to prepare and administer all types of drugs
- Identify the signs of patients’ reactions to drugs
- Explore ways to properly store drugs
- Teach patients to use their medications safely and effectively
- Take a "final exam" and grade it yourself!
Simple enough for beginners but challenging enough for advanced students, Pharmacology Demystified is a lively and effective brush-up, introductory text, or classroom supplement that puts all the practical aspects of pharmacology at your fingertips.