- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Ships from: Marquette, MI
Usually ships in 1-2 business days
Here's all the need-to-know pharmacology information every surgical technologist must master for successful practice. From the basics of pharmacology and related mathematics to details about common medications associated with surgical procedures to anesthetic principles and applications, it's all here. Instructor resources are also available. Contact your sales representative for details.
• Provides the core, basic pharmacology content necessary to meet curriculum needs.
• Offers a review of basic math skills and the framework for pharmacologic principles to help students apply the information to surgical situations.
• Each chapter includes helpful learning tools such as learning objectives, key terms with definitions, chapter summaries, and review questions.
• Includes common surgical medications by category with descriptions of surgical applications.
• The Basic Pharmacology chapter is expanded to include more content on drug classifications and explanations of their subcategories.
• The Medication Development, Regulation & Resources chapter is expanded with key information such as OSHA regulations and CDC guidelines.
• The Medical Administration chapter is expanded to include information on the "six rights" of administration and handling medications.
• A new chapter, Fluids & Irrigations, provides a basic understanding of fluids and fluid replacement used during surgery.
• A new chapter, Emergency Situations, focuses on all related surgical emergencies and the surgical technologist's role in response to the emergency.
• Three new "Tips" elements within the text include:
• Caution - alerts the student to important information they need to know.
• Tech Tips - provides tips on how to succeed as a surgical technologist.
• Notes - presents information on surgical technology that is nice to know.
• Drug tables begin each chapter and provide the drug name, generic name, and category associated with the content in the chapter.
• First Assist boxes provide information and advice for those in the role of a surgical first assistant.
• Mosby's Essential Drugs for Surgical Technicians, powered by Gold Standard. This new, online resource will include detailed drug monographs for the top 200 drugs dispensed in the United States.
Unit 1 Introduction to Pharmacology
Chapter 1 Basic Pharmacology
Chapter 2 Medication Development, Regulation
Chapter 3 Basic Mathematics
Chapter 4 Medication Administration
Unit 2 Applied Surgical Pharmacology
Chapter 5 Antibiotics
Chapter 6 Diagnostic Agents
Chapter 7 Diuretics
Chapter 8 Hormones
Chapter 9 Drugs that Affect Coagulation
Chapter 10 Ophthalmic Agents
Chapter 11 Fluids and Irrigations NEW!
Chapter 12 Antineoplastic Agents
Unit 3 Anesthesia
Chapter 13 Preoperative Medications
Chapter 14 Patient Monitoring, Local &
Chapter 15 General Anesthesia
Chapter 16 Emergency Situations NEW!