- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
From the Publisher"Addition of the right assessment, documentation, and evaluation and refusal, should enhance patient safety and reduce the numbers of patients harmed by their medications."
Nursing Standard, November 2011
Featuring concise, straightforward coverage, Pharmacology: A Nursing Process Approach, 7th Edition puts nursing pharmacology concepts and essential drug calculation skills into a practical nursing context to prepare you for real-world drug administration responsibilities. This edition has been revised and updated with the most current nursing pharmacology information available. Innovative features such as Prototype Drug Charts, Nursing Process Summaries, an extensive math/dosage calculation section, and NCLEX® Examination-style study questions make nursing pharmacology more understandable than ever.
• Unique! Prototype Drug Charts provide easy access to key information on dosages, contraindications, drug-lab-food interactions, pharmacokinetics, and more for more than 100 drugs.
• Unique! An extensive, color-coded dosage calculation section covers six methods of dosage calculation - basic formula, ratio and proportion, fractional equation, dimensional analysis, and dosing by body weight and body surface area- eliminating the need for a separate dosage calculation book.
• Nursing Process Summaries present client care and drug therapy within the framework of each step of the nursing process, including information on client teaching and cultural and herbal considerations.
• Preventing Medication Errors boxes reinforce concepts introduced in the medication safety chapter and highlight common errors that occur in clinical practice to help you ensure safe drug administration.
• Herbal Alerts provide a quick reference to side effects, drug interactions, and additional information for popular herbs you may encounter in practice.
• A fully updated bioterrorism appendix helps you recognize the clinical manifestations of bioterrorism weapons and respond with appropriate nursing care.
• Unique! Illustrated overviews of normal anatomy and physiology in all drug therapy chapters help you understand how drugs work in various body systems.
• Critical Thinking Case Studies at the end of each chapter challenge you to apply your knowledge and analytical skills to realistic client scenarios.
• NCLEX® Study Questions for each chapter help prepare you for the growing pharmacology coverage on the NCLEX® Examination. Answers are listed upside-down at the bottom of the page for quick feedback.
• New medication safety chapter discusses medication errors, specific nursing measures to prevent medication errors, possible consequences of medication errors to nurses, responses to errors, reporting and learning from mistakes, and related ethical issues.
• Enhanced NCLEX® Examination-style study questions are now more application-based and include at least one alternate-item format question per chapter.
• Updated chapters on culturalconsiderations and women's health bring you the latest information on these important considerations in drug therapy.
• More reader-friendly and understandable than ever, this edition features helpful new photos throughout.
Systemically-arr. intro. to nurse's role in drug therapy, essential drug knowledge.
Nursing Standard, November 2011
UNIT ONE: A Nurse's Perspective of Pharmacology
UNIT TWO: Drug Calculations
Section 5A: Systems of Measurement with Conversion
Section 5B: Methods for Calculation
Section 5C: Calculations of Oral Dosages
Section 5D: Calculations of Injectable Dosages
Section 5E: Calculations of Intravenous Fluids
Section 5F: Pediatric Drug Calculations
UNIT THREE: Contemporary Issues in Pharmacology
UNIT FOUR: Nutrition and Electrolytes
UNIT FIVE: Autonomic Nervous System Agents
UNIT SIX: Neurologic and Neuromuscular Agents
UNIT SEVEN: Pain and Inflammation Management Agents
UNIT EIGHT: Psychiatric Agents
UNIT NINE: Antibacterial Agents
UNIT TEN: Antiinfective Agents
UNIT ELEVEN: Immunologic Agents
UNIT TWELVE: Antineoplastic Agents
UNIT THIRTEEN: Respiratory Agents
UNIT FOURTEEN: Cardiovascular Agents
UNIT FIFTEEN: Gastrointestinal Agents
UNIT SIXTEEN: Eye, Ear, and Skin Agents
UNIT SEVENTEEN: Endocrine Agents
UNIT EIGHTEEN: Reproductive and Gender-Related Agents
UNIT NINETEEN: Emergency Agents
Appendix A: Therapeutic Drug Monitoring (TDM)
Appendix B: Potential Weapons of Bioterrorism
Posted August 27, 2014
This textbook was for my nursing pharmacology course. I am very unsatisfied with the condition I received the book in. The binding was taped together, and not successfully. Pages were falling out , a few damaged and wrinkled. I paid only a fraction of the cost to rent the book, however I think the extra money for a better quality book would have been worth it.Was this review helpful? Yes NoThank you for your feedback. Report this reviewThank you, this review has been flagged.
Posted November 2, 2012
No text was provided for this review.