- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Written by professionals in the fields of nursing, pharmacology, pharmacy, and medicine, this reference book provides a guide to pharmacotherapy for common healthcare conditions of adults and children in ambulatory settings. It provides a concise decision-making guide for pharmacotherapuetic management of common primary care health conditions. A template assists the advanced professional to consistently consider clients' assessment and history, along with evaluating when drug therapy is needed, short and long term goals, selecting appropriate agents, outcomes management, efficacy and toxicity and patient information. In addition, general issues such as safety, aging, herbal therapies, social factors and immunizations as well as specific patient population needs are addressed. These special populations include individuals with disabilities, pregnant women and children. For advance practice nurses, pharmacists, clinical nurse specialists, physicians, and physician assistants.
The book contains black-and-white illustrations.
I. PRINCIPLES OF PHARMACOTHERAPY.
1. Introduction to Pharmacotherapy.
2. Pharmacokinetics and Pharmacodynamics.
3. Pharmacotherapeutic Impact on Renal or Hepatic Dysfunction.
II. GENERAL ISSUES.
4. Client Safety in Pharmacotherapy.
5. Psychological, Sociological, and Cultural Factors.
6. Regulatory Control of Drugs.
7. Pharmacotherapy Resources for the Provider.
8. Adverse Drug Events and Drug Interactions.
9. Evaluating Self-Care and Over-the-Counter Drugs.
10. Herbal Therapies for Common Problems.
III. SPECIAL ISSUES AND PATIENT POPULATIONS.
12. Pediatric Issues.
13. Geriatric Issues.
14. Individuals with Disabilities.
15. Migrant and Homeless Populations.
16. Individuals with Pain.
17. Pregnancy and Lactation.
19. Menopause and Current Therapies.
IV. PHARMACOTHERAPY FOR COMMON PRIMARY CARE DISORDERS.
20. Cardiovascular Disorders.
21. Upper Respiratory Disorders.
22. Lower Respiratory Disorders.
23. Eye Disorders.
24. Ear Disorders.
25. Gastrointestinal Disorders.
26. Musculoskeletal Disorders.
27. Dermatologic Disorders.
28. Hematologic Disorders.
29. Neurologic Disorders.
30. Endocrine Disorders: Thyroid and Adrenal Problems.
31. Endocrine Disorders: Diabetes Mellitus.
33. Mental Health Disorders.
34. Urinary Tract Disorders and Male Sexual Dysfunction.
35. Gynecologic Disorders and Female Sexual Dysfunction.
36. Sexually Transmitted Diseases, Vaginitis, and Pelvic Inflammatory Disease.
37. Immune System and Allergic Disorders: HIV/AIDS, Mono, Allergic.
V. TABLES OF PHARMACOTHERAPEUTIC AGENTS.
Table 100: Anti-infective Agents.
Table 200: Cardiovascular Agents.
Table 300: Eye and Ear Preparations.
Table 400: Gastrointestinal Agents.
Table 500: Hormones and Synthetic Substances.
Table 600: Respiratory Agents.
Table 700: Topical Preparations.
Table 800: Urinary Tract Products.
Table 900: Miscellaneous Agents.
Table 1000: Summary of Fat-soluble and Water-soluble Vitamins.
Table 1100: Summary of Major Minerals and Trace Elements.