The Pharmacy Technician Skills-Building Manual is a practical, hands-on workbook designed to help technicians understand the basics of pharmacy operations, equipment, and tasks. Each chapter includes lab exercises and review questions to reinforce key points. Photos and illustrations supplement the text so readers can visualize important tools and concepts. This book, part of the APhA Pharmacy Technician Training Series, provides the foundation technicians need to be effective, efficient contributors to the pharmacy workforce.
• Designed as a workbook for use in technician education programs; includes readable background information accompanied by lab exercises and activities and answer key.
• 12 chapters with key information on duties, operations, computer skills, equipment, drugs, preparing prescriptions, storage, compounding, drug information, and professional issues such as certification, boards of pharmacy, and HIPAA.
• More than 100 photos and illustrations showing equipment, techniques, and materials.
• Examples of common compounding recipes.
• A list of abbreviations that technicians must know to work effectively in pharmacies, with follow-up exercises.
• Exercises that test technicians' knowledge of trade and generic drug names.