- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
An overview of the pharmacy profession's history and scope is crucial for every pharmacy technician. The Pharmacy Technician's Introduction to Pharmacy clearly describes the issues technicians will encounter in their training and on the job. This book provides an insider's perspective on relevant topics such as government regulation, career pathways, membership organizations, and ethics, and it addresses how medication therapy management is changing the practice of pharmacy. Key Features: • 11 informative chapters exploring the breadth of pharmacy practice.
• Straightforward analysis of top pharmacy issues and the forces shaping the profession.
• Timely journal reprints on contemporary topics.
• Special chapter—"Communications in Pharmacy Practice"—written by Bruce A. Berger, one of pharmacy's foremost experts on interpersonal and organizational communication.
• Tables summarizing key events in pharmacy throughout history.
• Important resources and contact information on associations, internships, residencies, and periodicals.
• Key terms defined in the text's margins and compiled in a glossary.