Philosophical and Ideological Voices in Education / Edition 3by Gerald L. Gutek
Pub. Date: 10/10/2003
Philosophical and Ideological Voices in Education contains clearly-written analyses of the major philosophies, ideologies, and theories of education and includes a primary source selection representative of each topic treated in the book. The book is divided into three major parts: (1) philosophies of education; (2) ideologies of education: (3) theories of education. Each chapter examines the nature, principles, and applications of each philosophy, ideology and theory to education, schooling, and curriculum and instruction.
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- New Edition
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 7.00(w) x 9.10(h) x 0.90(d)
Table of Contents
I. PHILOSOPHY AND EDUCATION.
1. Philosophy and Education.
2. Idealism and Education.
3. Realism and Education.
4. Theistic Realism and Education.
5. Pragmatism and Education.
6. Existentialism and Education.
7. Philosophical Analysis and Education.
8. Postmodernism and Education.
II. IDEOLOGY AND EDUCATION.
9. Ideology and Education.
10. Nationalism and Education.
11. Liberalism and Education.
12. Conservatism and Education.
13. Marxism and Education.
14. Liberation Pedagogy and Education.
III. THEORY AND EDUCATION.
15. Theory and Education.
16. Essentialism and Education.
17. Perennialism and Education.
18. Progressivism and Education.
19. Critical Theory and Education.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >