This comprehensive and easy to use textbook is endorsed by OCR for use with the Philosophy of Religion unit of the OCR AS Religious Studies specification.
* Co-authored by experienced examiners
* "Stretch and Challenge" material for advanced students
* Timeline of philosophers
* Appendix on revision notes
* Each chapter includes
• essential new vocabulary with definitions
• extracts from primary texts
• examination tips
• discussion topics and practice exam questions
• suggestions for further reading
Fundamental concepts covered include arguments for the existence of God, including the Ontological, Cosmological, Moral and Teleological Arguments, as well as challenges to faith from the Problem of Evil and other sources. Background material from Ancient Philosophy and the Judaeo-Christian tradition is explained, and there are specially developed sections on Boethius and the Divine Attributes and Modern Science, both new to the specification.
A particular feature of this book is substantial "Stretch and Challenge" material throughout which allows students to develop further.