PHR/SPHR: Professional in Human Resources Certification Study Guide / Edition 1by Anne M. Bogardus, Anne Bogardus
Pub. Date: 12/28/2003
Whether you're a HR professional seeking to validate the skills and knowledge acquired through years of practical experience or a relative newcomer to the HR field looking to strengthen your resume, the PHR and SPHR certifications from the Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI) provide you with the means to do so. The PHR/SPHR: Professional in Human Resources Certification Study Guide was developed to help you prepare for these challenging exams, and includes additional study tools designed to reinforce understanding of key functional areas. Key topics include:
- Strategic Management. Formulating HR objectives, practices, and policies to meet organizational needs and opportunities.
- Workforce Planning and Employment. Planning, developing, implementing, administering, and performing ongoing evaluation of recruiting, hiring, orientation, and exit.
- Human Resource Development. Ensuring that skills, knowledge, abilities, and performance of the workforce meet organizational and individual needs.
- Compensation and Benefits. Analyzing, developing, implementing, administering, and performing ongoing evaluation of total compensation and benefits.
NOTE: This study guide and/or materials are not sponsored by, endorsed by or affiliated in any way with the Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI), an affiliate of the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM). PHR, SPHR, GPHR and HRCI are trademarks or registered marks of HRCI. SHRM is a registered mark of the Society for Human Resource Management.
Note: CD-ROM/DVD and other supplementary materials are not included as part of eBook file.
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 7.48(w) x 9.12(h) x 1.11(d)
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Certifying Human Resource Professionals.
Chapter 2: Core Knowledge Requirements for HR Professionals.
Chapter 3: Strategic Management.
Chapter 4: Workforce Planning and Employment.
Chapter 5: Human Resource Development.
Chapter 6: Compensation and Benefits.
Chapter 7: Employee and Labor Relations.
Chapter 8: Occupational Health, Safety, and Security.
Appendix A: Federal Employment Legislation and Case Law.
Appendix B: Resources.
Appendix C: Employment Documents and Retention.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >
After reading some of the material, I realized that there were a lot of inconsistencies and the test samples had a few wrong answers. For e.g., I entered 'A' for an answer, they marked it wrong, they had 'C' and gave my 'A' answer as the explanation??!! 4 separate questions were like that! Enough to make me lose confidence.
Several wrong answers, typos, inconsistencies. Very disappointed in the book.