Physical Agents in Rehabilitation: From Research to Practice / Edition 3by Michelle H. Cameron
Pub. Date: 05/19/2008
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
Presenting a variety of treatment choices supported by the latest clinical research, Physical Agents in Rehabilitation: From Research to Practice, 4th Edition is your guide to the safe, most effective use of physical agents in your rehabilitation practice. Coverage in this new edition includes the most up-to-date information on thermal agents, ultrasound/b>… See more details below
Presenting a variety of treatment choices supported by the latest clinical research, Physical Agents in Rehabilitation: From Research to Practice, 4th Edition is your guide to the safe, most effective use of physical agents in your rehabilitation practice. Coverage in this new edition includes the most up-to-date information on thermal agents, ultrasound, electrical currents, hydrotherapy, traction, compression, lasers, and electromagnetic radiation. Straightforward explanations make it easy to integrate physical agents into your patients’ overall rehabilitation plans.
• Comprehensive coverage of all physical agents includes the benefits, correct applications, and issues related to thermal agents, hydrotherapy, traction, compression, ultrasound, electrical currents, and electromagnetic radiation.
• Clinical case studies help sharpen your decision-making skills regarding important treatment choices and effective applications.
• Up-to-date, evidence-based practices ensure you are using the best approach supported by research.
• Contraindications and Precautions boxes explain the safe use and application of physical agents with up-to-date warnings for optimum care paths.
• Clinical Pearl boxes emphasize the tips and tricks of patient practice.
• Application techniques in step-by-step, illustrated resource boxes help you provide safe and effective treatments.
• NEW! Video clips on companion Evolve site demonstrate techniques and procedures described in the text.
• NEW! Content specific to OTs has been added to the core text including upper extremity cases for all physical agent chapters.
• NEW! Organization of the text by agent type increases the book’s ease of use.
• NEW! Expanded sections on thermal agents and electrical currents will give students a better understanding of how to use these types of agents in practice.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 8.40(w) x 10.70(h) x 0.50(d)
Table of Contents
Part One: Introduction to Physical Agents
1. The Physiology of Physical Agents
2. Physical Agents in Clinical Practice
Part Two: Pathology and Patient Problems
3. Inflammation and Tissue Repair
5. Tone Abnormalities
6. Motion Restrictions
Part Three: Thermal Agents
7. Introduction to Thermal Agents
8. Superficial Cold & Heat
Part Four: Electrical Currents
11. Introduction to Electrical Currents
12. Electrical Currents for Muscle Contractions
13. Electrical Currents for Pain Control
14. Electrical Currents for Tissue Healing
Part Five: Electromagnetic Agents
15. Lasers and light
Part Six: Mechanical Agents
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >