Physical Rehabilitation in Arthritis / Edition 2by Joan M. Walker, Antoine Helewa
Pub. Date: 01/27/2004
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
Updated and expanded to be even more comprehensive, this text explains how to manage various arthritic conditions. The information included in this book spans a wide range, assisting a reader in any kind of clinical or academic setting. The content is divided into seventeen well-organized chapters, and the author provides thorough evidence-based documentation and… See more details below
Updated and expanded to be even more comprehensive, this text explains how to manage various arthritic conditions. The information included in this book spans a wide range, assisting a reader in any kind of clinical or academic setting. The content is divided into seventeen well-organized chapters, and the author provides thorough evidence-based documentation and references when available.
- The multidisciplinary approach makes this text relevant to all practitioners of physical rehabilitation: PT, OT, and Physical Medicine.
- Includes patient-first terminology suggested in The Guide to Physical Therapy, intended to reinforce client-friendly language.
- Proven evidence used to document this book will ensure accurate and safe client care.
- Case studies teach the readers assessment and discharge based on real-life examples.
- Discussions provide the resources practitioners need to communicate with clients about intimacy issues caused by arthritis.
- Management algorithms guide the reader through the assessment and discharge process.
- Text boxes make key points more memorable, helping students to study and practitioners to be quickly notified of procedures that will help clients.
- The expanded glossary enables readers to quickly look up definitions for key terms.
- New information on families of arthritis drugs allows practitioners to safely prescribe the latest drugs.
- The up-to-date appendices include web sites and peer-reviewed journals, giving the reader access to the most current literature in this ever-changing field.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Product dimensions:
- 8.38(w) x 10.16(h) x 0.85(d)
Table of ContentsPreface to 1st Edition
Preface to 2nd Edition
1. The Historical Record: Paleopathology and Physical Rehabilitation in Management
2. Epidemiology and Economics of Arthritis
3. Pathophysiology of Inflammation, Repair, and Immobility
4. Diagnosis & Management
5. Assessment of Joint Disease
6. Pharmacology & Considerations for Physical Rehabilitation
7. Surgical Interventions
8. Management of the Child & Adolescent with Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis
9. Management of Persons with Rheumatoid Arthritis & Other Inflammatory Conditions
10. Management of Persons with Ankylosing Spondylitis
11. Management of Persons with Osteoarthritis
12. Management of Persons with Muscle Pain Syndromes
13. Cardiovascular Health & Physical Fitness for the Person with Multiple Joint Involvement
14. Splinting, Orthotics and Lifestyle Factor
15. Psychosocial Factors in Arthritis
16. Community-Based Physical Rehabilitation
17. Special Topics in Clinical Research and Health Status Instruments
2. Health Status Assessment Instruments in Common Use
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >