- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Ships from: Dayton, OH
Usually ships in 1-2 business days
Discover what it takes to succeed in the "real world" of physical therapy practice, where you'll rely not only on your clinical skills, but on management skills such as budgeting, recruiting, professional development, and limiting your risk of liability. Expert authors Ron Scott and Christopher Petrosirio guide you through the essentials of practice management to help you understand and master these skills and more. You'll find ideas for marketing your practice, as well as advice and information on negotiation and dispute resolution, human resources management, quality and risk management, legal and ethical issues, and fiscal management. Specific case examples from the authors' own experiences illustrate important points throughout the book.
• Well-known author Ron Scott draws from his unique experiences as a physical therapist clinical manager, MBA, and health law attorney to provide a uniquely comprehensive and insightful overview of physical therapy practice management.
• An emphasis on human resources ("people") management offers effective strategies for recruiting, selecting, and retaining the best clinicians and support professionals in this increasingly competitive field.
• Case examples based on the authors' own experiences bring concepts to life.
• Engaging exercises - including group discussions, role-playing scenarios, and short answer - help you strengthen your critical thinking skills.
• Current terminology from the APTA Guide to Physical Therapist Practice, 2nd Edition is used throughout.
Chapter 1: The Dynamic Nature of Management in Health Care Organizations
Organizational Design and Theory
Conflict Management: Communication and Negotiation
Management and Leadership
Chapter 2: Human Resource Management in Physical Therapy Settings
Introduction: The Importance of Human Resource Management
Human Resource vs. Personnel Management
Employee Retention Issues
Employee Training, Education, and Development
Chapter 3: Physical Therapy Reimbursement and Financial Management
Health Insurance and the Physical Therapy Profession
Continuum of Care
Financial Management and Pricing
Chapter 4: Legal and Ethical Management Issues
Ethics in Everyday Practice
Health Care Malpractice
Practical Considerations and Practice-Building Behavior
Employment Law Considerations
Introduction To Selected Federal Laws And Agencies
Employer Considerations in Hiring
Appendix A. American Physical Therapy Association Code of Ethics and Guide for Professional Conduct
Appendix B. American Physical Therapy Association Standards of Ethical Conduct for the Physical Therapist Assistant and the Guide for Conduct of the Affiliate Member
Appendix C. Preventing Sexual Harassment in the Workplace: A Sample Policy and Complaint Procedure
Chapter 5: Information, Quality and Risk Management
Management of Health Care Information
Clinical Risk Management
Appendix A. HIPAA Privacy Notification, English Version
Appendix B. HIPAA Privacy Notification, Spanish Version
Appendix C. Patient Bill of Rights and Responsibilities, Brooke Army Medical Center, San Antonio, Texas, English Version
Appendix D. Patient Bill of Rights and Responsibilities, Brooke Army Medical Center, San Antonio, Texas, Spanish Version