- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Ships from: Pasadena, TX
Usually ships in 1-2 business days
Prepare for every stage of your physician assistant career with Physician Assistant: A Guide to Clinical Practice, 5th Edition - the one text that takes you from your PA coursework through clinical practice! Concise, easy to read, and highly visual, this all-in-one resource by Ruth Ballweg, Edward M. Sullivan, Darwin Brown, and Daniel Vetrosky delivers the current, practical guidance you need to know to succeed in any setting.
• Master all the core competencies you need to know for certification or recertification.
• Access the entire text and illustrations online at www.expertconsult.com.
• Navigate today's professional challenges with new chapters on NCCPA Specialty Recognition; Communication Issues; the Electronic Health Record; Patient Safety and Quality of Care; Population-Based Practice; and Physician Assistants and Supervision.
• Meet ARC-PA accreditation requirements with coverage of key topics such as Student Safety in Clinical Settings, Health Care Delivery Systems, Population-Based Practice, and Mass Casualties/Disasters.
• Keep up with the PA competencies that are endorsed by the AAPA, PAEA, NCCPA, and ARC-PA.
• Master key concepts and clinical applications thanks to a succinct, bulleted writing style; convenient tables; practical case studies; and clinical application questions throughout.
• Retain what you’ve learned and easily visualize every aspect of clinical practice with a new full-color design and illustrations throughout.
• Explore global options with expanded coverage of physician assistants in international medicine.
Your purchase entitles you to access the website until the next edition is published, or until the current edition is no longer offered for sale by Elsevier, whichever occurs first. If the next edition is published less than one year after your purchase, you will be entitled to online access for one year from your date of purchase. Elsevier reserves the right to offer a suitable replacement product (such as a downloadable or CD-ROM-based electronic version) should access to the website be discontinued.
"...the second edition of the first book for physician assistants written by physician assistants...expanded and updated to reflect growth in the profession...with seven new chapters, case studies, resource sections, and much more."
|1||History of the Profession||1|
|3||Credentialing: Accreditation, Certification, and Licensing||38|
|Sect. II||Core Competencies||50|
|4||The Political Process||50|
|5||Public Health Perspectives||70|
|7||Medical Legal Issues||127|
|10||Interviewing and Communication Skills||181|
|11||Content of the Medical History||197|
|12||Performing and Recording the Physical Examination||238|
|13||Utilizing Diagnostic Skills||284|
|15||Pharmacology: The Use of Medications||346|
|16||Health Promotion, Disease Prevention, and Patient Education||360|
|17||Utilizing Consultants and Community Resources||369|
|18||Using the Medical Literature: Lifelong Learning Skills||389|
|20||Dealing With Stress and Burnout||429|
|21||Employment: Building Your Career||439|
|Sect. III||The Health Care System||452|
|22||Financing and Reimbursement||452|
|23||Health Insurance and Managed Care||467|
|26||Inner City Health Care||538|
|27||Rural Health Care||548|
|28||Alternative Delivery Sites||567|
|Sect. IV||Roles and Settings||576|
|29||Family Practice and Internal Medicine||576|
|32||Obstetrics and Gynecology||668|
|37||Infectious Disease Medicine||786|
|40||Occupational and Environmental Medicine||844|
|41||Behavioral Science: Essentials in Practice||874|
|Sect. V||Current Issues|
|44||Critical Incident Stress Management: Managing Traumatic Stress With Group Crisis Intervention||915|
|45||Health Care for the Homeless||932|
|46||Dying and Death||941|
|47||International Health Care||951|
|49||Genetics in Primary Care||970|
|50||Complementary and Alternative Medicine||977|
|App. 1||Facts and Timeline in PA History||995|
|App. 2||Sample Job Descriptions||1001|
|App. 3||Matrix for Critical Appraisal||1006|
Posted July 6, 2009
I Also Recommend:
This is a great book for aspiring, accepted, current and recently graduated Physician Assistant students. It covers an astounding amount of relevant topics, and I only wish I had owned it earlier!
1 out of 1 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful? Yes NoThank you for your feedback. Report this reviewThank you, this review has been flagged.
Posted February 5, 2013
No text was provided for this review.