Physics: Principles with Applications (Text and Study Guide) / Edition 5by Douglas C. Giancoli, Joseph Boyle
Pub. Date: 08/28/1997
Publisher: Prentice Hall
This best-selling algebra-based physics book has been widely known for its carefully crafted exposition, strong biological applications, and high degree of accuracy and precision. The Fifth Edition maintains these strengths and brings a conceptual emphasis and real-world flavor to the examples, problems, and art program. In addition, the new edition features an… See more details below
This best-selling algebra-based physics book has been widely known for its carefully crafted exposition, strong biological applications, and high degree of accuracy and precision. The Fifth Edition maintains these strengths and brings a conceptual emphasis and real-world flavor to the examples, problems, and art program. In addition, the new edition features an unparalleled suite of media and on-line resources to enhance the physics classroom. For readers with an algebra-based physics background.
- Prentice Hall
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Text & Study Guide
- Product dimensions:
- 8.50(w) x 11.00(h) x 2.70(d)
Table of Contents
(NOTE: Also available in Split Volumes: Volume I contains Chs. 1-15; and Volume II contains Chs. 16-33.)
2. Describing Motion: Kinematics in One Dimension.
3. Kinematics in Two Dimensions; Vectors.
4. Motion and Force: Dynamics.
5. Circular Motion; Gravitation.
6. Work and Energy.
7. Linear Momentum.
8. Rotational Motion.
9. Bodies in Equilibrium; Elasticity and Fracture.
11. Vibrations and Waves.
13. Temperature and Kinetic Theory.
15. The Laws of Thermodynamics.
16. Electric Charge and Electric Field.
17. Electric Potential and Electric Energy; Capacitance.
18. Electric Currents.
19. DC Circuits.
21. Electromagnetic Induction and Faraday's Law; AC Circuits.
22. Electromagnetic Waves.
23. Light: Geometric Optics.
24. The Wave Nature of Light.
25. Optical Instruments.
26. Special Theory of Relativity.
27. Early Quantum Theory and Models of the Atom.
28. Quantum Mechanics of Atoms.
29. Molecules and Solids.
30. NuclearPhysics and Radioactivity.
31. Nuclear Energy; Effects and Uses of Radiation.
32. Elementary Particles.
33. Astrophysics and Cosmology.
Appendix A: Mathematical Review.
Appendix B: Dimensional Analysis.
Appendix C: Rotating Frames of Reference; Inertial Forces; Coriolis Effect.
Appendix D: Gauss's Law.
Appendix E:Galilean and Lorentz Transformations.
Appendix F: Selected Isotopes.
Answers to Odd-Numbered Problems.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >