Physics in Nuclear Medicine: Expert Consult - Online and Print / Edition 4by Simon R. Cherry, James A. Sorenson, Michael E. Phelps
Pub. Date: 04/26/2012
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
Physics in Nuclear Medicine - by Drs. Simon R. Cherry, James A. Sorenson, and Michael E. Phelps - provides current, comprehensive guidance on the physics underlying modern nuclear medicine and imaging using radioactively labeled tracers. This revised and updated fourth edition features a new full-color layout, as well as the latest information on instrumentation
Physics in Nuclear Medicine - by Drs. Simon R. Cherry, James A. Sorenson, and Michael E. Phelps - provides current, comprehensive guidance on the physics underlying modern nuclear medicine and imaging using radioactively labeled tracers. This revised and updated fourth edition features a new full-color layout, as well as the latest information on instrumentation and technology. Stay current on crucial developments in hybrid imaging (PET/CT and SPECT/CT), and small animal imaging, and benefit from the new section on tracer kinetic modeling in neuroreceptor imaging. What’s more, you can reinforce your understanding with graphical animations online at www.expertconsult.com, along with the fully searchable text and calculation tools.
- Master the physics of nuclear medicine with thorough explanations of analytic equations and illustrative graphs to make them accessible.
- Discover the technologies used in state-of-the-art nuclear medicine imaging systems
- Fully grasp the process of emission computed tomography with advanced mathematical concepts presented in the appendices.
- Utilize the extensive data in the day-to-day practice of nuclear medicine practice and research.
Tap into the expertise of Dr. Simon Cherry, who contributes his cutting-edge knowledge in nuclear medicine instrumentation.
- Stay current on the latest developments in nuclear medicine technology and methods
- New sections to learn about hybrid imaging (PET/CT and SPECT/CT) and small animal imaging.
- View graphical animations online at www.expertconsult.com, where you can also access the fully searchable text and calculation tools.
- Get a better view of images and line art and find information more easily thanks to a brand-new, full-color layout.
The perfect reference or textbook to comprehensively review physics principles in nuclear medicine.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- New Edition
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 7.40(w) x 10.50(h) x 1.10(d)
Table of Contents
1. What is Nuclear Medicine?
2. Basic Atomic and Nuclear Physics
3. Modes of Radioactive Decay
4. Decay of Radioactivity
5. Radionuclide and Radiopharmaceutical Production
6. Interaction of Radiation with Matter
7. Radiation Detectors
8. Electronic Instrumentation for Radiation Detection Systems
9. Nuclear Counting Statistics
10. Pulse-Height Spectrometry
11. Problems in Radiation Detection and Measurement
12. Counting Systems
13. The Gamma Camera: Basic Principles
14. The Gamma Camera: Performance Characteristics
15. Image Quality in Nuclear Medicine
16. Tomographic Reconstruction in Nuclear Medicine
17. Single Photon Emission Computed Tomography
18. Positron Emission Tomography
19. Hybrid Imaging: SPECT/CT and PET/CT
20. Digital Image Processing in Nuclear Medicine
21. Tracer Kinetic Modeling
22. Internal Radiation Dosimetry
23. Radiation Safety and Health Physics
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >