- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
THE HUMAN BODY FOR EVERYBODY!
If you've ever wondered how the body functions — how it converts food to energy, registers hunger or thirst, balances on two legs, responds to danger or a pleasing face — now you can find out. In Physiology Demystified, popular physiology professor Dale Layman provides an effective and painless way to learn or review physiology and body functions, from the chemical level through the entire organism.
With Physiology Demystified, you master the subject one step at a time — at your own speed. This unique self-teaching guide identifies a set of Key Facts in every chapter, and provides questions at the end of each chapter and part, to reinforce learning and pinpoint weaknesses. The 100-question final exam checks your understanding of the entire book. Use it as a standalone reference or together with Anatomy Demystified, as part of a “dynamic duo” for learning everything about human body structure and function.
This heavily illustrated self-teaching guide gives you everything you need to:
* Learn how human muscles, nerves, bones, organs, glands, connective tissue, and more function and communicate with each other
* Discover the molecular-level workings of your glandular, genitourinary, digestive, cardiovascular, and other systems
* Conquer comparative and cellular physiology
* Find the Latin and Greek origins of many physiological terms
* Learn more in less time, with the most enjoyable physiology course you'll ever take
* Take a final exam and grade it yourself!
A fast, effective, and fun way to learn physiology, Physiology Demystified is the perfect shortcut to a deeper understanding of function and feedback in the human body.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Dale Layman, Ph.D., Grand Ph.D. in Medicine, is a popular professor of biology and human anatomy and physiology at Joliet Junior College in Illinois. He is the author of many articles, as well as Anatomy Demystified and Biology Demystified, two closely related books in this series. He is the first Grand Doctor of Philosophy in Medicine for the United States, and has received many other international honors and awards for his writing, teaching, and highly creative thinking. Dr. Layman has more than 28 years of experience in the biological sciences.
PART 1: THE GOLDEN PATH OF BODY FUNCTION