Foreword: Rick Boyko.
Introduction: The View from Down Here: Ignacio Oreamuno.
PART I: BREAKING INTO ADVERTISING.
1. Was I really Put on This Earth to Do Ads?
2. School Daze.
3. What's a Good Ad, Anyway?
4. Portfolio Preparation: Like Giving Birth, Only More Painful.
5. Getting a Job in This Lifetime: It Can be Done.
6. Internships: Purgatory, Rip-Off, or Free Education?
7. What Place Is Right For Me?
PART II: YOU'RE THE CHOSEN ONE. NOW WHAT?
8. Money-Not That You Care About that.
9. Fear and Self-Loathing: Snap Out of It.
10. Brainstorming Techniques (You're Going to Need Them).
11. Awards. Yes, They Matter. How the Judges Decide.
12. Boss Problems: Try Not to Kill Him. Or Sleep with Him.
13. Partner Problems: Do You Need Counseling, a Divorce, or a Gun?
15. Art Direction.
16. Account Executives: They're People, Too.
17. Identity Crisis.
18. Am I in the Wrong Place?
19. Ethics in Advertising: Not Necessarily an Oxymoron.
20. CD Life (Be careful what You Wish For).
21. Women: The Vanishing Act.
22. Age(ism): Is 39 the New 65?
23. Staying Sane in an Insane Business.
24. Miscellaneous: The Best Chapter of Any Book.
25. Strangest Questions: Maybe Even better than Miscellaneous.
PART III: BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE! THE GURUS SHARE YEARS OF COLLECTIVE WISDOM, AND EMBARRASSING PHOTOS.
26. what I Know Now That I Wish I'd Known Then.
27. What I Look for in a Junior.
28. A Century Ago, We Were Juniors, Too.
Appendix: The Inspiration Grab Bag.