Make the best paper airplanes around with this easy-to-follow origami book.
Enthralled with origami from a young age, world renowned origami and paper crafter Michael LaFosse has used those skills to design and perfect paper airplanes for decades. In Planes for Brains, LaFosse presents 28 original paper origami models that incorporate innovative functional and aesthetic details like faceted flaps, ailerons, canards and spoilers that really work. The sense of proportion and balance, and an ingenious nose and fuselage locking system, define these signature models, which are instant classics. Readers accustomed to folding simple darts and wings will bet thrilled and challenged by the folding maneuvers in these pages.
Planes for Brians comes with great value—included are:
- 28 fun-to-do projects
- Step-by-step instructions
- Expert tips on techniques and folds
- Easy-to-follow DVD video tutorial
Great for paper airplane enthusiasts as well as fans of unique origami works and parents with kids. Scissors, tape, glue are not required! In addition to teaching the skills to create the planes, this unique paper craft book provides expert advice on:
Paper airplane models include:
- How to select and prepare the best folding paper for each plane.
- How to balance aesthetics, performance and fun when designing your own planes.
- Helpful tips on control surfaces, and how to manipulate them for the best flights.
- Tips on launching different types of planes to get the best possible glide.
- A discussion of aerodynamics and how it relates to paper airplane performance.
- Lock Nose Dart
- Flying Fox
- Shuttle Dart
- F-102 Delta Jet
- Nifty Fifty
- And many more...