- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Ships from: Waltham Abbey, United Kingdom
Usually ships in 1-2 business days
A practical review of a technology whose time has come...
The recent surge of interest in the production of plant products from cell cultures is creating increased pressure to transfer this technology from the laboratory to commercial practice. This book, created by four of the leading researchers in the field, is specifically designed to help advance commercialization of plant cell culture for secondary metabolite production. It provides a cohesive presentation of the principles and practical applications of large-scale plant cell and tissue culture techniques. This comprehensive survey of the state of the art in this technology:
* Provides a practical view of plant cell and tissue culture techniques leading to Industrial scale-up for production
* Explains important biological and metabolic components of plant cell culture
* Focuses on technical approaches for culturing a range of cells at different morphological levels
* Details engineering principles of gas transfer in bioreactor systems
* Gives basis for intelligent choice of appropriate bioreactor systems
* Examines proven strategies in useful case studies
* Lists extensive references for each chapter
* Identifies critical areas for frontier research
The vast body of knowledge contained in this book will be tremendously useful to biotechnologists, biochemical engineers, industrial microbiologists, plant biologists, pharmaceutical and food industry specialists, and fragrance and flavor manufacturers.
The Quest for Commercial Production of Chemicals from Plant Cell Culture.
Structure and Metabolism of Plant Cells.
Quantifying Growth and Product Synthesis: Kinetics and Stoichiometry.
Sparingly Soluble Volatile Components: Oxygen, Carbon Dioxide, and Ethylene.
Immobilized Plant Cells.
Questions and Strategies for Productivity Improvements.