Terms of Reference.
Task Force Membership.
1. Introduction: Plant Foods and Health.(Dr. Judith Buttriss).
2. Classification and biosynthesis of Plants and Secondary Products: An Overview. (Professor Alan Corzier).
3. Epidemiology Linking Consumption of Plant Foods and their Constituents with Health. (Dr. Barrie Margetts and Dr. Judith Buttriss).
4. Potential Mechanism of Action of Bioactive Substances Found in Foods. (Professor Malcolm Jackson).
5. Influence of the Gut Microflora. (Professor Ian Johnson).
6. Dietary Intake and Bioavailability of Plant Bioactive Compounds. (Dr. Judith Buttriss).
7. Fruit and Vegetables. (Mr. Mike Saltmarsh, Professor Alan Crozier and Professor Brian Ratcliffe).
8. Cereals, Nuts and Pulses.(Dr. Aedin Cassidy).
9. Beverages. (Dr. Garry Duthie and Professor Alan Crozier).
10. Plant and Plant-derived Lipids. (Professor Kalus Wahle, Dr. David Lindsay and Dr. Louise Bourne).
11. Miscellaneous Foods. (Mr. Mike Saltmarsh and Dr. Gail Goldberg).
12. The Effect of Agronomy, Storage, Processing and Cooking on Bioactive Substances in Food. (Ms. Claire Mac Evilly and Mrs. Irsti Peltola).
13. Implication for Public Health. (Dr. Judtih Buttriss, Professor Martin Wiseman and Dr. Barrie Margetts).
14. Conclusions of the Task Force.
15. Recommendations of the Task Force.
16. Plant Foods: Answers to Commonly Asked Questions.