Pocket Guide to Basic Skills and Procedures 5e / Edition 5by Anne Griffin Perry, Patricia A. Potter, Veronica Peterson, Patricia A. Potter
Pub. Date: 06/28/2002
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
· Skills presented in a
This popular pocket guide is a practical, portable reference for students and practitioners performing basic skills in any clinical setting. Grouped according to specialty area, nearly 100 commonly performed procedures are presented in a clear, step-by-step format that includes the purpose, equipment list, and rationales for each step.
· Skills presented in a clear, 2-column format with rationales for each step.
· Concise, consistent format for each skill.
· Nursing Process framework for skills is consistent with other nursing core texts and provides a logical flow.
· Standard Protocols summarizes essential steps required before, during, and after every nursing skill.
* New skills on Assessing for Orthostatic Hypotension, Applying Sequential Compression Stockings, Using Mechanical Lifts, Charting Client-Related Information, and Completing a Change of Shift Report.
* Delegation Considerations at the beginning of each skill detail the nurse's responsibilities when delegating specific skills to assistive personnel.
* Cultural and Spiritual Considerations follow appropriate skills.
* Client Responses Requiring Immediate Action identify potentially dangerous responses and provide appropriate nursing actions.
* Gloving logo identifies circumstances when the use of clean gloves is recommended.
* Standard Protocols highlights essential steps required for every nursing skill and eliminates repetition.
Spanish version of 4th edition also available, ISBN: 84-8174-391-7
Table of Contents
- Recording and reporting
- Vital signs
- Pressure Ulcers
- Tube feedings
- Positioning and transfers
- Infection control
- Care of the surgical client
- Dressings, binders, bandages, and application of hot and cold therapy
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >